Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 04-25-2023, 08:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahgrams [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
consider red!

#RedIsHealing !
I appreciate this. Thankfully I'm done with velious content!
Old 04-25-2023, 10:22 AM
Planar Protector

inb4 moved to rnf
Old 04-25-2023, 10:24 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renault [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
GMs:

This event has just ramped up the toxicity of the server to a whole new level. You opened the doors to let a large, troll-filled guild smack around a bunch of small, casual guilds.

People are literally going to quit the server because you unleashed this toxicity on it.

GG.
Which "small, casual guilds" got smacked around?
Old 04-25-2023, 06:00 PM
Banned

I still don't know wtf happened, pretend I don't play the game every single day but rather only most days.

There was a quake with "no rules"? Meaning you could just brute force KS stuff with dps or what?
Old 04-25-2023, 06:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I still don't know wtf happened, pretend I don't play the game every single day but rather only most days.

There was a quake with "no rules"? Meaning you could just brute force KS stuff with dps or what?
Yes, and you could do weirder stuff, like casting memblur repeatedly to stop other guilds from tanking, or use Highsun to prevent other guilds from kiting, etc.

Kingdom sent folks to follow Castle around and memblur their targets. The Kingdom folk weren’t trying to kill the targets, mind you, just prevent Castle from doing so.

Kingdom sent monks to VP to use dragons to block Safe Space from moving through the zone. The monks weren’t trying to kill the targets, mind you, just prevent Safe Space from doing so.

Kingdom sent a snipe team and straight jacked mobs from Fires of Heaven.

Kingdom had one player log an alt tagged as belonging to Safe Space then used that alt to grief Good Guys to frame Safe Space (they admitted it after the alt was gkicked).

AFAIK, Castle/Safe Space/Fires never messed with each other (except maybe some dps races on fear golems? I wasn’t on at the start of the quake). They even worked together for some targets and coordinated.

Good Guys focused on Kingdom and didn’t mess with any of the casual guilds, and in fact helped them out.

Now, all of the above (except the sock puppet) was arguably within the spirit of the event. But only one guild repeatedly complained about being mistreated and the repeat complainer….was Kingdom.

So I agree with the OP, there was one big guild making life hard for the casual guilds.
Last edited by jadier; 04-25-2023 at 06:25 PM..
Old 04-25-2023, 06:19 PM
Planar Protector

I like the 'fuck em' mentality of Kingdom, where do I apply and what sort of pixel package is being offered
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 04-25-2023, 06:21 PM
Banned

Ok well that does honestly sound pretty fucked up if true lol. I still don't understand though was this like a planned event by GM's where they announced "hey here's a quake and there's no rules!". How were people privy or not to the fact there were no rules?
Old 04-25-2023, 06:30 PM
Fire Giant

Wonder if this was some kind of middle finger to the upcoming Oakwynd TLP which will have a mechanic that makes it so a mob is instantly locked to the first person (and their group/raid) who aggros the mob, and then nobody else can touch it in any way.
Old 04-25-2023, 06:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok well that does honestly sound pretty fucked up if true lol. I still don't understand though was this like a planned event by GM's where they announced "hey here's a quake and there's no rules!". How were people privy or not to the fact there were no rules?
Discord for sure - they don't post relevant information about P99 on the P99 forums anymore.
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 04-25-2023, 07:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Yup, there’s a forum post about it. Announced last week that the next quake would be chaos.