Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 07-25-2011, 10:58 PM
Large Bat

Default Major Mana Regen Problems

I am a lvl 7 Druid.

When I open my spell book, I sit and regen mana at a fairly decent rate. However, about 2 seconds after I stand my mana goes form full all the way to 0 in a heartbeat.

If I just stand I can regenerate mana but it is excruciatingly slow.

I have a stack of iron rations and a stack of water that I have out of my back pack and consumed to the point of near exploding. I have done 4 complete log in and log outs.

I have used the DUXA All in One Installer to install an out of date spell file.

This is REALLY frustrating, any help would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:40 AM
Planar Protector

At level 7 your mana pool is so small that standing up mid-tick will cause you to lose some mana since you werent medding for the entire tick. Atleast I've noticed thats what happens, not sure if this is how it was on live but its always happened here.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:00 AM
Aviak

I've noticed a "false tick" with mana regen, where it ticks, you stand up and it goes right back down when the real tick occurs, its a bit tricky, pretty sure it was on live too though. This is probably much more noticeable as a lower lvl
Old 07-26-2011, 08:31 AM
Fire Giant

You're out of water. This is what is causing it. Get some water, and it won't happen.

Alternatively, if you put a point in to meditate before the level your class is able to get it, this can happen as well.
Old 08-07-2011, 12:05 AM
Large Bat

Default Thanks guys, I figured it out.

A friend of mine who also plays here clued me into this. When I hit lvl 8 I maxed out Meditation (or at least as far as I could), but soon after that I was killed and lost enough xp to to lose a lvl. According to him, and it makes sense, that I was getting meter readings as if I still had med, so when i stood up my true mana was revealed. It all went back to normal when I hit 8 again. I really appreciate all the suggestions, this is a very helpful forum, which is a very nice change from others I have been on. Thanks again and take care!
Old 08-07-2011, 01:58 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koota [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're out of water.

alot of people forget they need food/water =p
Old 08-23-2011, 06:04 PM
Planar Protector

this is also happening on a 35 shaman, have 40 food and 40 water, and even after cannibalizing the mana will go to 2% then drop back 0, over and over again.

the only thing that i've found to fix it has been to log to desktop, and even then it takes a couple times to unbug it.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dplachno [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a stack of iron rations and a stack of water that I have out of my back pack and consumed to the point of near exploding. I have done 4 complete log in and log outs.
A question I have is: are you actually out of mana, or is your ui just showing that you are? Which ui are you using if so?
Old 12-09-2021, 05:56 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this is also happening on a 35 shaman, have 40 food and 40 water, and even after cannibalizing the mana will go to 2% then drop back 0, over and over again.

the only thing that i've found to fix it has been to log to desktop, and even then it takes a couple times to unbug it.
I know this is a super old thread, and I'm replying mostly for the next person that googles this. It just happened to me on my 34 shaman and I just didn't realize that the spell Fury drains mana. If you buff with it when you're at low mana, you'll never regen mana (at least, unbuffed) because it'll drain it as fast as you can regen or canni it.
Dialectica Logicae - Gnome Wizard
Tuminy Altz - Halfling Druid
Tipsey McStaggers - Ogre Shaman
Medikku Saishi - Koada'Dal Cleric
Lavander Gooms - Teir'Dal Cleric