Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 10:59 PM
Sarnak

I remember once a GM made people duel for a contested spawn. One on one fight, the losers guild went away.

/shrug

Xegony was a ghetto server, folks trained the shit out of each other. That seemed to work though.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzarr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We all know IB wont be for a rotation. Please keep the guild drama out of this thread.

I care for the server's health. The raiding scene is important and we need to keep it clean and as drama free as possible. I care about the 600 other poeple that are gonna get close to 50 and wants to raid in the near future. I proposed these rules so no one, in the near future, has to deal with the retardedness that is the current raiding rules.
Wow Ayen. Just wow.

l2r?
Old 06-17-2010, 11:11 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilena [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am not gonna scroll back through all 29 pages to find the quotes but I believe someone even said something as dumb as "What's the difference between having 1 tracker afk camping the zone and 15 non-trackers?!". I mean seriously.
I'll do it for you then, cuz thats how i roll ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IB has this ridiculous fascination with mobilization. They have it in there head that this some how implies skill when you can "mobilize" to a mob. But the sad reality is and what people don't understand its the same thing as camping a mob out.

Ayen "Dark Ascension"
Old 06-17-2010, 11:19 PM
The Protector of Sunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibador [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As for the problem at hand if i was part of one of these guilds leadership i would ignore any of these trolls and hold a special guild meeting session and identify the issues at hand and work to solve them one at a time without dealing with the retards that call these forums home. .
If you were actually part of the high end guilds you would know that this "special guild meeting" happens every month. You would also know that FB never partook in it for whatever reason, then when they "broke off to form DA" (which consisted of ditching 1 member) they were still slow to come to the table. If you read Xzerion's post you would also know that IB has been actively trying to get this rule set changed for months only to be cockblocked by DA at every turn.

People need to stop calling this a discussion and admit what it really is; a forum for people to bitch about camping and throw out ridiculous ideas that would be even worse. From the beginning there has only been one guild saying "let us compete freely" while everyone else wants to try and impose rule, after rule, after rule, after rule. We could have been done with this weeks ago had DA just agreed to implement the rolling rule. For those of you who don't know about this suggestion I'll break it down: in lieu of the impending cold war camping situation, we suggested that if two guilds are camping the same mob they would roll for first shot when it popped. Ideally this should quickly kill the desire to camp raid mobs because then a guild could simply go follow around IB or DA and force us to roll no matter how many hours we put in.

Is that the perfect answer to this situation? No. But what is more important imposing a more stringent set of rules such as a GM enforced rotation or at least getting people to stop camping so SolB doesn't have 70 people in zone? Or keeping afk people from sitting at the zone in to PoH so Europa, Remedy, Trans, Div, and whoever else doesn't have to do a regular clear with the lag and general nuisance of having 40+ other people sitting at the zone in?

I will forever keep touting FFA with a first to engage rule and 99% of you will continue to ignore or debase it. Most people want the mobs handed to them without IB breathing down their neck. It's funny that these same people claim to want EQ to be classic. How is forcing us to have 15 people at a spawn point for days on end even remotely classic? I never saw a GM pop in to decide guild fights unless the training got ridiculous.

So I still say take the gloves off and let us play. You guys simply wanting to experience a raid boss send me a tell, can probably work out letting you tag along. We do this on a regular basis with a few people per raid usually if you aren't fucking up.

To those of you worried about training I'll say this. Everyone knows the reputation of the various guilds involved here, an FFA situation will only enhance those reputations. If some guild wants to train my guild while racing through FGs to naggy, I'm all for it. Then you guys can shut up once and for all about skill while we handle a 15 planar mob train and still manage to kill the boss just like when we were getting trained by ex-members of Trans back in the day.

Is it perfect? Absolutely not. Feelings would get hurt, but at least there's competition and a race. There's a reason to mobilize faster and work on guild cohesion.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:39 PM
Kobold

I think Tibador was saying there should be a meeting called right now instead of waiting till the first Sunday of July. I believe he knows these meetings are happening since they happen in the vent channel that he owns.

Glitterati Irons - Wood Elf Druid.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:40 PM
Orc

This is why i don't post on this forum people twist your words and pull fucking quotes from all over. From day one i pushed for FFA, no rules, and was told over and over again that it will never happen so it is what it is and there's nothing else to talk about.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:43 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is why i don't post on this forum people twist your words and pull fucking quotes from all over. From day one i pushed for FFA, no rules, and was told over and over again that it will never happen so it is what it is and there's nothing else to talk about.
If you wouldn't say those things, thered be no place to pull the quotes from.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
I'm sure you didn't really MEAN to flame people for being out of work, it just came out that way, right?

Do you realize that just because you see people lie on television that they're still liars?
Old 06-17-2010, 11:47 PM
Orc

Alawen i hope you die in your sleep.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:52 PM
Planar Protector

This is a very off topic thread!
Closed Thread