Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2021, 12:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thankfully, this is the real truth.
Except for the last part. They’ve definitely taken into account player opinions in some past decisions.
Old 06-10-2021, 02:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Except for the last part. They’ve definitely taken into account player opinions in some past decisions.
There may indeed be examples of that. Let me rephrase: they do not frequently take into account player opinions. It's not like a democracy. Nor can you get enough signatures on a petition for them to take notice and do as you ask. Their choices are guided primarily by two things: what is classic, and what is feasible with their all-volunteer staff.
Old 06-10-2021, 09:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPC [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From what I understand TLP do not have all the classic zones. Nek Forest for instance, that's always my noob zone, the new Nek Forest suks. No north Ro, Oasis, South RO, that's enough for me to not play it. If they did I might consider it.
The re makes of these zones, particularly Nektulos Forest, have been amazing. My enchanter is a dark elf, and I made many noob friends, and there were a ton of camps for us to level at. The entire zone was teeming with life.

Nektulos forest on P99 is an actual ghost town because there is literally nothing there, it’s just a connecting zone for Lavastorm, which is another connecting zone for Sol B.

On TLP Nektulos Forest and Lavastorm are both filled with things to do. Level 1 Dark Elves don’t have to instantly run to Freeport and East commons and then Oasis to level. They can now level in Nektulos Forest and Lavastorm to 20+ and by correlation, this makes Najena and Sol A more populated— two more zones that are abandoned on P99.
Old 06-10-2021, 10:01 AM
Sarnak

Why are you posting here if TLP is so much better? Go live your best EQ life!
Old 06-10-2021, 10:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The re makes of these zones, particularly Nektulos Forest, have been amazing. My enchanter is a dark elf, and I made many noob friends, and there were a ton of camps for us to level at. The entire zone was teeming with life.

Nektulos forest on P99 is an actual ghost town because there is literally nothing there, it’s just a connecting zone for Lavastorm, which is another connecting zone for Sol B.

On TLP Nektulos Forest and Lavastorm are both filled with things to do. Level 1 Dark Elves don’t have to instantly run to Freeport and East commons and then Oasis to level. They can now level in Nektulos Forest and Lavastorm to 20+ and by correlation, this makes Najena and Sol A more populated— two more zones that are abandoned on P99.
The new Toxxulia is amazing now too. It felt surreal since my first character was an Erudite and there were a ton of players grouping up in Toxx at Kobold camps, and then we went to Kerra Island and hit 20+ and got sick loot. I went back to Kerra island 2 weeks later and it was even more populated than before. But let me guess, this is bad and the old Kerra Island on P99 that likely hasn’t had a low level player in it for years is better, right?
Old 06-10-2021, 10:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdrcfrx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why are you posting here if TLP is so much better? Go live your best EQ life!
Can’t play waiting on windows to install on new mining rig I’m building.
Old 06-10-2021, 10:06 AM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-10-2021, 11:38 AM
Planar Protector

Toxx needed a bit of a revamp, but nektulos has always been an amazing newbie zone. Plenty of decent camps, lots of roaming mobs and some safe spots to afk at throughout the zone. Doesn’t have the quests of the Qeynos area but most places don’t either
Closed Thread