Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 09-22-2021, 01:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We just shouldn't respect the authority or legitimacy of 300billion dollar loans, gg motherfuckers.

Not what god wants. Jesus says do better. Topple them temples.
If I had a wish, it would be that america defaulted on its loans to china while evergreen is cratering.

Go Go mitch mcconnell!
Old 09-22-2021, 02:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatordash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The eviction moratorium was pretty much what everyone thought. Reports here in Las Vegas are that people just didn't pay rent for a year because they didn't have to. And now that the moratorium is up, instead of staying where they are and going through this whole government assistance program that we have heard politicians tout as necessary because these poor people couldn't pay rent due to coronovirus, they are just moving out and leaving landlords to pay for everything for the past year. The next breaking story will be when we discover that sending checks to people to do nothing makes them sit at home instead of go look for a job. Then the breaking story after that will be having a population that doesn't produce any GDP turns out to be bad and just printing money may not be the solution.
Yup, all good points

I remember politicians like AOC seem to think that landlords are like evil money-grabbing sociopaths, and she just doesn’t seem to understand or care that landlords need rent payments from their tenants to stay in business themselves, and to keep their staff employed. AOC probably doesn’t realize that in my state in the southwest almost all apartment maintenance crews are Hispanic workers. Fuck all them right? Yeah let’s get them all laid off because AOC thinks their boss is fucking evil, because she’s a dumb bartender

I go into a lot of apartments in my job, ones that range from HUD/Section 8 ghettos to some of the nicest luxury $3000+/mo ones. I mostly go into poor apartments. I’ve seen the entire gamut of landlords, and just like any job in the USA, there are more good ones than bad ones. I’ve seen landlords that even before covid would let people stay after they’ve missed a payment. I’ve seen landlords work with people on taking whatever payment they can and rolling overdue payments into the next month. No landlord is just going to offer this, a person has to come to their office and ask for help, and then what helps them make a case for their situation is a history of reliability and no past issues

I’ve also seen the flip side, where a landlord will post an eviction notice after usually a couple missed payments. This still has to go to court; a lot of people misunderstand how evictions work and think a landlord can just change the locks or tell the police to trespass someone who has an established history of living there off the premises….nope. Police might ask the person to show them proof of residency such as a letter/bill for rent, and if they do, police tell the landlord to take them to court and then police fuck right off

The worst I ever saw was HUD housing where the landlord was completely MIA, and the apartment had like 3 kids inside where the mom showed us huge black mold sections in the kitchen and bathrooms under the sinks from damaged walls/plumbing. So yea terrible landlords exist too, but not to the degree AOC thinks they do. And even if the landlord is terrible, that doesn’t mean their staff is always terrible
Last edited by unsunghero; 09-22-2021 at 02:22 PM..
Old 09-22-2021, 02:17 PM
Planar Protector

Im all for banning owning multiple homes or having a world war 3 to lower the pop, one or the other.
Old 09-22-2021, 04:04 PM
Kobold

You know or we could just tax the rich, the fact that our govt is paying tax rebates to the richest companies in the world is insane lol let alone while they consistently dodge those tax liabilities they are getting money back from.

Enough morons trying to launch themselves into orbit for a minute while that money could be used to give money monthly income to every person in America below the ultra ultra rich.

The difference between 10 million dollars and 10 billion dollars direct income is only important in the eye of the wealth hoarder.
Last edited by blindedsoul; 09-22-2021 at 04:09 PM..
Old 09-22-2021, 04:08 PM
Planar Protector

Every time someone says tax the rich MY taxes go up and the rich get another 10 billion in international investments.
Old 09-22-2021, 04:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindedsoul [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You know or we could just tax the rich, the fact that our govt is paying tax rebates to the richest companies in the world is insane lol let alone while they consistently dodge those tax liabilities they are getting money back from.
Not what's happening. The computer is telling you that by their tax breaks outsumming their tax remittals, they have paid "$0" dollars. We know this as cookie stealing.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-22-2021, 04:10 PM
Kobold

my dude you are not earning over a million yearly.... and if you are then your taxes would be going down by every estimate over the last 30 years.

When the rich dont pay taxes, that is when OUR taxes go up because no one is paying them other than the lower classes.

Also @whale biologist you are failing to understand that states individually are giving tax rebates and leniency to get amazon warehouses.... this is common practice lmk if you need an article.

What I dont get here is how you see the 6 largest corporations in America paying nothing in taxes and you think yeah this system works, the neo liberal mind is very convoluted
Last edited by blindedsoul; 09-22-2021 at 04:16 PM.. Reason: warehouse typo
Old 09-22-2021, 04:12 PM
Planar Protector

We'll never fix these problems without a sledgehammer.
Old 09-22-2021, 04:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindedsoul [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
my dude you are not earning over a million yearly.... and if you are then your taxes would be going down by every estimate over the last 30 years.

When the rich dont pay taxes, that is when OUR taxes go up because no one is paying them other than the lower classes.

Also @whale biologist you are failing to understand that states individually are giving tax rebates and leniency to get amazon warehouses.... this is common practice lmk if you need an article.

What I dont get here is how you see the 6 largest corporations in America paying nothing in taxes and you think yeah this system works, the neo liberal mind is very convoluted
Yeah, the 6 largest corporations in America are paying nothing in taxes. Hard to refute this...holy smokes are you dumb.

Typically when I've seen people make claims that the rich or corporations are paying nothing in taxes, what they really mean is that they think the rich and corporations should be taxed based on their net worth. If you think individuals and businesses should be taxed this way, you're a communist, or you're poor and dumb, could be all of the above. You're welcome.
Old 09-22-2021, 04:30 PM
Kobold

Gonna be honest homesteaded you got no business calling anyone else stupid while you dont even understand your trying to pedal neoliberalism

I can help educate you but I am pretty sure you don't even understand the economic model you are trying to pedal while screaming dumbass trigger words like communism.

the top tax rate was 70% in 1970 meaning if you took over 10 million dollars from a business as INCOME they have to pay 70% or REINVEST that money into their business or other ventures. It creates job growth, unlike this Reagonomics neo liberal BS you keep pedaling that has never worked historically anywhere.

Currently the top 6 corporations in America pay nothing in federal taxes and get rebates from states saying we should continue bearing the tax burden of the entire society is nuts compared to other economic models/ historical.

Taxing the rich is not communism, it just means you are not a pleb waiting to get stepped on and say more daddy (homesteaded)

( no one suggested net amount stop self triggering your conservative mind. Like wtf who even suggests such a stupid idea only you brought it up after triggering yourself)
Last edited by blindedsoul; 09-22-2021 at 04:33 PM.. Reason: Economic / historical models