Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2022, 12:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No man

you never say a word. period. That's the lawyers job.
Oh k. I was implying the same thing as going through an attorney is better than never seeking an attorney or saying anything, just being mute for entire trial as your own defense. But I guess literally only having the attorney speak is ideal yea
Old 01-16-2022, 12:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesteaded [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's the alternative? No lawyers? One lawyer per citizen? You're doing a great disservice to the public attorneys. Typical from you, out of touch with reality.
Old 01-16-2022, 01:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesteaded [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's the alternative? No lawyers? One lawyer per citizen? You're doing a great disservice to the public attorneys. Typical from you, out of touch with reality.
A rich person is more likely to get away with something as compared to a poor person

You’re doing a great disservice to democracy for ignoring that injustice.
Old 01-16-2022, 01:39 AM
Planar Protector

Again, what is your solution?
Old 01-16-2022, 01:41 AM
Banned

Say nuffin. Ever.
Old 01-16-2022, 02:01 AM
Planar Protector

Murica vs the law is great entertainment.
Old 01-16-2022, 03:25 AM
Banned

The american legal system sucks. They should have lawyers take 10 cases a year or something for state rate defending normal people. Even those huge practices that rake in millions of dollars, them too. Wouldnt be the end of the world.

New attorneys do need practice though. Unfortunately, you might be their practice round. I might be one day lol who knows. Either way, I dont want cops coming in there saying "we have your evidence at the crime scene and here is the paper work to prove it. If you go to trial, you're looking at 20 years. If you take the plea, you might get ten." and whos gonna believe you? The jury is going to believe the fake DNA test if you take it to trial. "Come on, we'll take it easy on you if you confess..". You're not an oppressed minority. You dont know what you'd do.

You think that has never happened? The cops would NEVER lie though. They would never do something like this. How many people you think confessed that didnt do it instead of facing a trial? How would they know the evidence is fake..? You dont know until you're put in that situation. You're the same people who say you'd be the good guy with a gun to stop the mass shooters lol.. You're all so brave here but you've never faced 20 years with a cop saying "we have your dna at the scene.. if you confess, you wont get as much time.. we'll look out for you!" etc..
Old 01-16-2022, 10:43 AM
Planar Protector

If you operate trying to eliminate all wrong and creating a perfect society, you're going to have a bad time and run into many walls.

There is already a shortage of lawyers, you want to now limit them to 10 cases a year. Good luck with that. You're giving way too much credit to people who are in the legal system. You act as if a majority are there through dumb luck and corruption. Overwhelmingly if you are in the court system and requiring a public attorney you have lived a life of compounding mistakes. Sorry but that's the game, don't be a lazy slob who breaks the law. Get good.
Old 01-16-2022, 12:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, to a point you have the right to remain silent. If you are being interrogated, that means there is already suspicion of you committing a crime. While you can’t be forced to talk (how can anyone force someone to talk, other than maybe actual torture), I think using the coaching of a lawyer to provide explanations and a defense is going to be generally more helpful than staying silent forever. What you say can be used against you, but it can also be used to help you via a judge or jury, especially if you are innocent
I read somewhere that answering any question nulls da Fif and you can't use it anymore.
Old 01-16-2022, 12:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravydoo II [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You think that has never happened? The cops would NEVER lie though. They would never do something like this. How many people you think confessed that didnt do it instead of facing a trial? How would they know the evidence is fake..?
They wouldn’t know it’s fake, but if you watch those deep dive vids of interrogations, there are certain behaviors that innocent people naturally take that are very hard for a guilty person to fake. Believe it or not cops are looking for those as well. They want a confession yes, but if they spot innocent behaviors, a good interrogator isn’t going to completely ignore them. Also, think about yourself, would you confess to something you didn’t do because a cop said he had a video of you doing it? I wouldn’t. I would say fine, show me that fucking video

Also, think about the flip side, how many sick fucks, murderers, serial killers, rapists, also only got caught because an interrogator lied about having evidence on them

As I mentioned before, the way an innocent person protects themself is to go through a lawyer, and never answer questions without one. I heard this said to me in my early 20’s probably dozens of times. It’s on you, if you choose to ignore the advice and answer questions on your own. This is the age of information, easy access to information, you should know that the best play is to go through a lawyer. If you choose to ignore that, the result is on you
Last edited by unsunghero; 01-16-2022 at 01:04 PM..
Closed Thread