Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2022, 10:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesteaded [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My state retracted it's prioritization of people of color on the antibody treatment. To pretend it wasn't a thing and isn't a thing, is ignorant of the facts. Par for the course for Gravyboy.
You gonna cry about it?? Awwwhhhhhh dont cry!! I'm sure they waited til you got in line then sent you to the back as soon as another black person got in line, huh??

Oh wait.. I thought the vaccine wasnt real and its not an epidemic.. So they are keeping an imaginary thing rape daddy made himself in a lab from the whites?! OOOHHH NOOO!!!
Old 01-18-2022, 11:14 AM
Banned

Whos "they" exactly..?? "They" seem to do a lot of things. "They" stole the election, too. So whos they? The CDC? The guy at the counter? LOL

I know tucker said it was happening all over the usa.. must be happening.
Old 01-18-2022, 11:21 AM
Banned

Black people are more likely to die from covid because they have the highest rates of something called sickle cell anemia which puts their body at a disadvantage in fighting off covid. So in a way that makes them more vulnerable than any other race. So prioritizing for blacks makes sense from a medical standpoint

That isn’t the Dems logic here though, because Hispanics are also included. One could argue that their statistically higher death rates could be due to higher rates of poverty. But then why not just say we are prioritizing the treatment for the poor (sorta classist but w/e)

The logic escapes me, but it’s not being done like this everywhere to my knowledge
Old 01-18-2022, 11:22 AM
Banned

Who are you talking to
Old 01-18-2022, 11:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesteaded [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Voting rights is mostly good? Fuck off with this bullshit.

Show an ID to vote, so simple but you demons have such a whacked grip on reality you think it's good to allow an open voting system. Shouldn't be surprised that the party that is pro baby killing is waving this flag. Complete demons.
Imagine being part of a religion against abortion when their own God let their kid die. What? Too Woke for you?

And like Baler not understanding that the filibuster is stripping away the will of the majority of the people.

With the way we have our system setup right now 41 senators are representing less than 11% of the US population and can block legislation that is supported by the other 59 senators and 89% of the population.

But all you can do is rave about the younger generation being woke to the GOP's corruption. Why is that?
Old 01-18-2022, 12:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the filibuster is stripping away the will of the majority of the people.
It's supposed to do that! Tyranny of the majority and all that jazz.
Old 01-18-2022, 01:12 PM
Banned

The filibuster is preventing the tyranny of a majority of politicians in congress, who by no means represent the "will of the people". Many of the things the dems are trying to pass are actually very unpopular with most americans. The filibuster prevents them from passing bad policy with 51% of the vote, for things that less than 50% of the actual american population wants. You *want* gridlock in congress, otherwise the country can fundamentally change overnight based on the whims of politicians.

But as usual the younger generation of dems are trying to govern like it's highschool debate club, and they should be able to pass whatever they want.
Old 01-18-2022, 01:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But all you can do is rave about the younger generation being woke to the GOP's corruption. Why is that?
Kids these days are the worst.

People are so on edge these days they just treat each other like shit.

I watched like 500 freak out videos at grocery stores and airports and all the places I’ve never seen a fight before or ever heard of there being a fight there before.

And it’s always like some milquetoast person who’s had all they can stand anymore against some lazy upset loser.

If you’ve ever watched that scene in handmaid‘s tale where the two girls go to the coffee shop and the guy behind the counter is like just get the fuck out of here fuck you too I fucking hate you both.

That’s basically now… but not quite yet… but you can expect that to keep happening and happening until we all kill each other.
Old 01-18-2022, 01:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The filibuster is preventing the tyranny of a majority of politicians in congress, who by no means represent the "will of the people".
I like the filibuster, but you're wrong.

The people express their "will" solely by their vote in a representative democracy. How issues poll has nothing to do with it other than, hopefully, the people holding their elected officials accountable the next time around.

There's also plenty of examples where Republicans ignore the polling on issues and vote their conscious (or lack there of) such as gun issues and environmental issues.

Republicans have been scorched earth in terms procedure for a long time. I support Dems in playing the same games, but I also support the people holding them accountable for it come election time and I support Republicans making them pay for it in the next Congress when they'll be in the majority.
Old 01-18-2022, 01:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You *want* gridlock in congress, otherwise the country can fundamentally change overnight based on the whims of politicians.
100% agree. Especially because those whims are too often for sale even in the context of perfectly legal campaign funding.
Closed Thread