Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 12:34 PM
Large Bat

Default My First Time

I’ve been playing on blue for a few months and about a week ago, having never tried an EQ PVP server, I thought I’d give red a try. The story so far….

I created a dwarf cleric to relive my glory days on live. Pretty much had BB all to myself for the first few levels. At level 6 I was killing a few things just outside Kaladim and at about half-health some level 10 cleric starts casting on me. Was it a nuke? Heal? Buff? I didn’t know and didn’t care….I ran as fast as possible into Kaladim and hid in a dark corner. Not sure if that was my first PVP experience, but I lived.

A few days later I log in and start experiencing again out near crossroads. Grouped with a decent rogue named Azazel who passed along some cloth armor pieces to fill out my collection. We pulled some tougher mobs near the guards so we could call on them for help if needed. I targeted Azazel to heal him and I think I hit him instead (attack was still on). I think the guard took offense at that, because I died in a hurry. Do guards protect players from other players? If so, PVP lesson #1 learned. Or did I accidently hit the guard?

Azazel gave me some tips and pointers about PVP and server landscape as well. Thanks, Azazel!

Later on I continued to solo near crossroads when along came the druid, Andian. Out of the blue, he gave me a decent weapon and shield, 100pp, and a very expensive head piece. He then buffed me and ran me around to couple camps to speed my journey to level 9. What a boost! Thanks, Andian!

After getting my new spells I head to GFay, killing blues along the way. Once there, I shout for a bind (not being 10 yet, I can’t use global OOC). Someone notices and OOCs that I need a bind. Within seconds I get a tell to meet outside Felwithe. I am bound, hasted, and get clarity with no questions asked, and head off to CB. Along the way I get drive-by buffed by Andian again.

At this point I am level 10 and logged out just inside CB. A big “thank you” to the red community for your generosity and courtesy - I look forward to meeting more of you along my journey.
Old 02-23-2014, 12:38 PM
Fire Giant

hell yeah man, my experience has been similar.

nontoxic & thriving.
Old 02-23-2014, 12:41 PM
Kobold

I just started farting around on red as well. Im not totally a pvp guy. I can see pvp as a usefull tool to fight over rights to a camp, or raid. for the most part everyone i run into is willing to help. but then again this is only the lower levels. I have no doubt when it comes to loot camps etc, this will change.
Old 02-23-2014, 12:41 PM
Banned

Stpped reading when I realized the one being praised was Azazel and not Azrael.

Jk, welcome
Old 02-23-2014, 12:53 PM
Aviak

I loled ... welcome to the server man!
Old 02-24-2014, 02:19 PM
Large Bat

Default My First Time - Feb 24 Update

Thought I’d post an update...

I’m level 12 now and soloing in CB, near the entrance (more for the belts than the mob experience). It’s a really quiet morning with maybe 50 people on, so when a work issue comes up I tab out of EQ. You all know what happens next.

After about 3 minutes I tab back in and find myself naked at my bind spot outside Felwithe. A message on-screen displays:

Durok <> has been killed by Natures <Revenge>

My first thought is, “Clever wordplay, combining the char name and guild name in a meaningful way.”

As I trot back to CB and loot my corpse, I get a /tell from Natures asking me what I was thinking, going AFK? Shrug, low risk situation….I congratulate him on his loot (12 gp). He then starts telling me that he is from Qeynos and a follower of Karana, and that I am his mortal enemy (or something like that) and that he will use my gold to drink “meade”. I think he meant mead, the honey-based alcoholic beverage; maybe he added the extra "e" to sound medieval?

I guess PVP has a roleplaying aspect to it? I’ll have to read up on my EQ lore….does Karana really hate clerics who serve Brell? Wonder if Natures took a faction hit?

Oh well, back to collecting belts.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:24 PM
Banned

Yeah Brell sucks and shorties were on a bad team and hated by the elfs on many servers. Plus those mines... polution, industry... vile creatures Brell creates.

Tunare is the 1 true goddess of all things. Nothing else compares to her grace.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunguska [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Later on I continued to solo near crossroads when along came the druid, Andian. Out of the blue, he gave me a decent weapon and shield, 100pp, and a very expensive head piece. He then buffed me and ran me around to couple camps to speed my journey to level 9. What a boost! Thanks, Andian! .
Fuckin' good guy Andain. A true box legend, a true box hero.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:51 PM
Planar Protector

Andian is a legend in these parts half my gear is from making levels 1 in a zone Andian is in. And then just hailing him. Which in turns means loots and plats.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recycled Children [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fuckin' good guy Andain. A true box legend, a true box hero.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread