Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2018, 02:59 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Ranger solo spots?

Hi guys

Lookign for solo path from 35-60 so I have something to do when looking for a group!

Any guides or just being pointed in the right direction would be awesome. Thanks!
Old 06-09-2018, 03:04 PM
Planar Protector

The Per-Level Hunting Guide (link in my signature) has tons of hunting spots, but not that many specifically for Rangers. All it can offer for Ranger's specifically in your level range is Eastern Wastes, either Wooly Mammoths from 39-43 or Walruses and Ulthorks from 40-45.

Hopefully the responses here will give more ideas for the guide [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-09-2018, 10:48 PM
Planar Protector

Right now my 35 ranger is soloing in FV. Those pirates are squishy. They're blue for a few more levels.
Old 06-09-2018, 11:57 PM
Banned

Contact Tunare's Finest Ranger, Alleriah Windrunner in game for in depth guides on how to become one of the great rangers!
This will include the real break down of zones, gear tips, play style, epic help, ect!
Old 06-11-2018, 03:02 PM
Aviak

Rangers are very gear dependent, especially when trying to solo. One method to solo as a ranger is to snare/fear kite animals so you do not take damage. A second method is to root the mob and shoot it with arrows/dots/nukes while making sure to sit for med ticks. Both require a lot of work. A third method is to be super twinked and buffed and run at whatever blue con you see and press auto attack.

With that being said, a good option would be to find some animals to fear kite. I would suggest going to The Overthere and pulling tigers and rhinos to the SF ramp. Can pick and choose the mobs you want to kill with track and can simply zone out to skyfire mountains when in danger. Just don't train the druids/wizards who hang out there; they will remember it when you ask for buffs and ports. Can hang here till your late 40s if you enjoy it.

If your mostly looking to group, a well played ranger is also very useful in Mistmoore and City of Mist with harmonies/roots/snares. With CoM, you could zone out to Emerald jungle when you can't find a group and just solo some blue cons out there. Mobs are sorta hard to find but you have track. You can always bow root rot mobs if you can't find animals to fear kite. It's slow, but you don't get hit. Remember, if you can land a root you can kill the mob (as long as you bring lots of arrows).

42-52 or so you can also kill mobs in Dreadlands if you pull to the Karnor's Castle wall.
Drolvargs are good xp and drop canines that you can turn in at FV for more xp. You can also kill drolvargs in FV in your 30s.

I would personally suggest doing Mistmoore until 39 (chain pulling from castle is fun) and then mix up grouping/soloing 39-49.
Old 06-11-2018, 05:40 PM
Planar Protector

Echoing tigers in OT. Save the excellent hides to sell to tailors.

I'd occasionally get a ride out to North Karana to fear kite rabid griffons.

Mid 50s karnors.

Hunter forager cycles in Trakanon's Teeth and frenzied velium brooding late 50s.
Old 06-11-2018, 08:04 PM
Banned

Yeah you can sneak into mist Moore castle and solo gargs on the staircase. It's a great time.
Old 06-14-2018, 01:50 AM
Fire Giant

did 59-60 in WW with shit gear, L2SG