Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2022, 03:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sometime in 2023 for the merge I’d imagine. Don’t know if they will start a fresh server right away or not
Hoping for a new red server this year.
Old 01-06-2022, 09:59 AM
Banned

I wouldn't even mind a new red server if people play on it, even though I never play red. But I have a feeling it would suffer the same fate as current red.

40+ people for three expansions worth of content is a big ask
Old 01-06-2022, 12:48 PM
Planar Protector

No one will play on it after a few months because EQ PvP is garbage and there's no ruleset or code that can fix it.

A new green style progression locked server with PvP would definitely see some play right now though, and if they did like "seasons" where the red server had shorter cycles through the content than the full green length then MAYBE it would maintain population more consistently. Would have to be at least half as long as green or even shorter though, and at that point its getting pretty custom and I'd say not worth the effort by the devs to appease a handful of niche players.
Old 01-06-2022, 02:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No one will play on it after a few months because EQ PvP is garbage and there's no ruleset or code that can fix it.

A new green style progression locked server with PvP would definitely see some play right now though, and if they did like "seasons" where the red server had shorter cycles through the content than the full green length then MAYBE it would maintain population more consistently. Would have to be at least half as long as green or even shorter though, and at that point its getting pretty custom and I'd say not worth the effort by the devs to appease a handful of niche players.
That’s not why people don’t play on Red. There are plenty of people who enjoy EQ PvP, but there are (or were) many people on red who made it their sole mission in life to grief and harass other players on the server. PvP in general tends to attract people like that. They made the experience terrible.
Old 01-06-2022, 02:47 PM
Sarnak

They wont merge green with blue, they will make green the de-facto blue and turn the current blue server into custom content..it is known, didnt you read the memo?
Old 01-06-2022, 07:40 PM
Banned

I really think most people would reroll on a new green even if blue became disabled in some way. There's also a large population of people who would come back. Almost everyone who plays p99 gave up their old characters in live everquest at some point, at yet were willing to reroll on p99.

If the goal of the project is to provide classic everquest, it has to be a repeating thing ultimately. Because classic everquest is the progression from vanilla through velious based on the parameters of this project. A perpetual state of velious isn't classic, but neither is progressing to luclin (nor is that feasible necessarily given an entirely volunteer staff)
Old 01-07-2022, 12:19 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That’s not why people don’t play on Red. There are plenty of people who enjoy EQ PvP, but there are (or were) many people on red who made it their sole mission in life to grief and harass other players on the server. PvP in general tends to attract people like that. They made the experience terrible.
Nah, EQ PvP is booty butt cheeks. It attracting mentally ill weirdos is just icing on the poop cake.

I'd come back for a new green, like a teal server. I've always played the same class every time so far so I'd probably branch out to a new one. Maybe pick up my first ever EverQuest character, a High Elf Paladin, that I abandoned in their teens.
Old 01-07-2022, 10:47 AM
Planar Protector

Both Blue and Green will be wiped. A new server will launch which will include Luclin. This is definitely going to happen this coming September as the devs have clearly stated in numerous places.
Closed Thread