Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2020, 09:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did these items drop already in Classic? I haven't even bothered to look.

If these items were added later, I would like to advise people to be mentally prepared for these items to disappear from characters and banks at the point in the timeline when they were added (presumably when Kunark opens).

Thoughts?
If not it needs removed now because it's negatively impacting Phinny's loot table when a quest item is taking up a loot reward slot which is then going to be deleted.
Old 05-04-2020, 10:43 PM
Planar Protector

Use Bug forum
Old 05-13-2020, 02:03 AM
Planar Protector

Default Is this a Tala thread now?

For precedent, see someone else's thread Are Sol Ro quest items dropping? in which I expressed concern that people were gathering up Sol Ro quest items that would be deleted. I asked, "How likely are they to delete all the Sol Ro quest items in people’s bank/inventory right before Sol Ro comes out?" and these were the responses:

"I would say unlikely. If they were game breaking items that gave a severe advantage for competitive content then maybe. But most of the the Sol Ro items are mid-game stuff or utility, so no reason to waste the time and energy."

"extremely unlikely"

"items are being removed" (dingdingding)

"I would think twice before hoarding these. DELETE FROM statements in MySQL are not hard." -Dolalin (generally believe whatever this guy says btw)

"They won't delete them, unless they plan on deleting all the kunark epic drops as well that were not droppable in classic era. And that would cause a fucking shitroar."

And so it has. That's why I'm trying to warn people now! Be wary of spending hours or DKP on bard backbones...and any other epic items that may have been left in. I mean, loot rots, but just remember what might happen to them. I don't want people to be sad.
Old 05-28-2020, 10:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Use Bug forum
m'kay, I made a bug report.

The longer the backbone drops, the more disappointed bards there will be if the bard backbones all go VOiP! at Kunark launch. Also, the less other Phinny loot we'll see!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-28-2020, 10:33 AM
Planar Protector

I'm expecting monks to lose their Lost Circle robes once the official quest releases even if it can drop from Z and Q anyway after the fact
Old 05-28-2020, 10:38 AM
Planar Protector

Guilds can always refund dkp for deleted items, so I don’t think “but mah dkp” is a good argument against fixing leaked items.
Old 05-28-2020, 01:05 PM
Sarnak

Backbones should be removed now because it is reducing the classic lot table drops.
Old 05-28-2020, 01:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's why I'm trying to warn people now! Be wary of spending hours or DKP on bard backbones...and any other epic items that may have been left in. I mean, loot rots, but just remember what might happen to them. I don't want people to be sad.
Honestly I don't see anyone's issue here: you're doing the server a public service!

Look, if this was a paid game and the game makers let people invest time and energy into acquiring items, then deleted those items without warning, people would be up in arms.

Now P99 is not a paid game and I do not expect that of them ... but if they don't have the capacity to warn people of the impending deletion of bugged items, it's awesome that someone else is willing to!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-28-2020, 03:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm expecting monks to lose their Lost Circle robes once the official quest releases even if it can drop from Z and Q anyway after the fact
It's my understanding the current robe is classic. It also has worse stats. Its stats get boosted at some point in Kunark.
Old 05-28-2020, 03:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly I don't see anyone's issue here: you're doing the server a public service!
Tyvm, Loramin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosilk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Backbones should be removed now because it is reducing the classic lot table drops.
Yeah! Don't people want more staves and robes? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

My bug report is posted, btw! Flame on. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
I don't want people to be sad.
Closed Thread