Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2020, 12:11 AM
Fire Giant

Guys we didnt even get an earthquake or xp bonus this weekend, they are definitely not going to re-program lodizal's spawn, esp since its not classic
Old 05-25-2020, 12:59 AM
Planar Protector

Sorry you didnt get oversized turtle
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 05-25-2020, 01:51 AM
Planar Protector

I’d be for a roll off but I would propose winner gets pick of first item, 2nd place second item, etc ..this may encourage more to help kill. I also like the idea of having people help or forced to help like Scout.
Last edited by ScottBerta; 05-25-2020 at 01:54 AM..
Old 05-25-2020, 03:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSaber [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why not just do /picks and AoCs at this point... Smh...
Great question! I’m sure there are almost as many answers to this question as there are players.

Here is my answer: Because a complaint about instances is they reduce the world by removing community, whereas consensus and cooperation is the opposite of that.
Old 05-25-2020, 06:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Great question! I’m sure there are almost as many answers to this question as there are players.

Here is my answer: Because a complaint about instances is they reduce the world by removing community, whereas consensus and cooperation is the opposite of that.
Is it really a consensus though? Do the majority of the players even visit the forums regularly? Or is it 30 or 40 forumquesters who probably don't even play much anymore deciding these things?
Old 05-25-2020, 07:01 AM
Planar Protector

I don't like this agreement but I hate the cheaters autofireing even more..
Old 05-25-2020, 10:56 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is it really a consensus though? Do the majority of the players even visit the forums regularly? Or is it 30 or 40 forumquesters who probably don't even play much anymore deciding these things?
It's definitely not people on the forums deciding how these things work. As Loramin mentioned with regards to the Shady Goblin roll, it doesn't matter what people on the forum decide unless you convince people on the ground to go along with the agreement. Just look at the ring 8 poll for a great example of this: an overwhelming majority of forum responders support changing how the roll works but that doesn't mean the roll has changed or will change as a result.
Old 05-25-2020, 02:13 PM
Decaying Skeleton

i love this idea and would support its implementation! the current system is heavily biased towards US east coast players and is inherently unfair... sad that p99 staff have allowed this to go on for years already! change is way overdue
Old 05-25-2020, 02:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Guys we didnt even get an earthquake or xp bonus this weekend, they are definitely not going to re-program lodizal's spawn, esp since its not classic
We didn't know where or when Lodizal was going to spawn on our server on live in era. I just found him up wandering.

The current implementation is even more unclassic.
Old 05-25-2020, 09:17 PM
Fire Giant

Rolling is the worst possible option. Scout is an absolute travesty where 50 people line up their 9th alts for a 2% chance at conveyor belt loot. The encounter is completely trivialized and in almost all instances, the winning roller and his friends/guildmates in attendance would have zero chance of actually killing the Captain but for the fact that 49 other neck beards are honor bound to help since they too rolled. Replicating that process on Lodi is a terrible idea.

Just change the spawn timer. Make him completely random. No window, no variance, no skips. Work out the probabilities so he spawns at roughly the same rate, but with no rules on timing. If folks wanna spend 48 straight hours sitting at Lodi spawn to race for FTE, let them.
Closed Thread