Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2019, 02:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
With level-dmg cap, no double attack, no criticals, no dual wield, etc. There is 0 reason that a warrior is out damaging you besides you neglecting your weapon skills.
So many semantics being made without anyone addressing the point. Yours make zero sense. Weapon availability for the classes and str of classes alone debunk yours.
Old 10-31-2019, 02:29 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bum3 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My club hits for 8.. melee is hitting for 19. I hit once every 5 or so swings. warrior hits every other. Why wouldn't I just heal the melee twice as often and let him do the damage? Or do I melee and output 1/3 their dmg and make them sit to regain health? Seems off to me.
It's easy to figure out.

Determine how much damage you're doing. The starter weapon is 4/30, so you can do up to 8 damage every 3 seconds. Lets say you land 20% of those blows like you claim.

You swing 20 times in a minute. 4 of those land. Most of your hits will be 8, but some will be less. So let's say you did 28 damage in that minute, although I'm sure your actual damage is higher than that.

Now let's see how much mana we "spent" by not sitting.

Without meditate, sitting gives you +1 mana per tick. That's an additional 10 mana per minute.

So you can sit for a minute and gain 10 mana, or you can melee the mob for 28 damage. You're essentially spending 10 mana for 28 damage.

Now if you're a super pro, you can sit between attacks and get sitting mana regeneration ticks AND damage on the mob but let's not go that crazy.

Without pro strats you're essentially spending 10 mana for 28 damage, or 2.8 damage per mana.

Let's see how this compares to other classes.

At level 8 Wizards get Fire Bolt. This spell does about 48 damage for 40 mana, or 1.2 damage per mana.

So, by meleeing you're getting better damage:mana efficiency than a chain-nuking Wizard.
Old 10-31-2019, 03:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's easy to figure out.

Determine how much damage you're doing. The starter weapon is 4/30, so you can do up to 8 damage every 3 seconds. Lets say you land 20% of those blows like you claim.

You swing 20 times in a minute. 4 of those land. Most of your hits will be 8, but some will be less. So let's say you did 28 damage in that minute, although I'm sure your actual damage is higher than that.

Now let's see how much mana we "spent" by not sitting.

Without meditate, sitting gives you +1 mana per tick. That's an additional 10 mana per minute.

So you can sit for a minute and gain 10 mana, or you can melee the mob for 28 damage. You're essentially spending 10 mana for 28 damage.

Now if you're a super pro, you can sit between attacks and get sitting mana regeneration ticks AND damage on the mob but let's not go that crazy.

Without pro strats you're essentially spending 10 mana for 28 damage, or 2.8 damage per mana.

Let's see how this compares to other classes.

At level 8 Wizards get Fire Bolt. This spell does about 48 damage for 40 mana, or 1.2 damage per mana.

So, by meleeing you're getting better damage:mana efficiency than a chain-nuking Wizard.
If you are healing yourself sure. But if you are healing someone who is doing 2-3x the damage as you and making it so they don't have to sit to regain health then no. A melee hits for 19. misses half with a 50 delay wep. You are roughly spending 10 mana for 114 damage or 11.4 dmg per mana. But he will still have to sit with cleric sitting some. So you could even reduce that by half. 5.7dmg per mana. Minus your 2.8 is 2.9.. so you still come out ahead by sitting.
Old 10-31-2019, 04:05 PM
Orc

Indeed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

My enjoyment of EQ nostalgia was rather dampened by the surprising amount of greed I suffered.

Generous, friendly, community-oriented people were there, but not very many.
Old 10-31-2019, 04:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bum3 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you are healing yourself sure. But if you are healing someone who is doing 2-3x the damage as you and making it so they don't have to sit to regain health then no. A melee hits for 19. misses half with a 50 delay wep. You are roughly spending 10 mana for 114 damage or 11.4 dmg per mana. But he will still have to sit with cleric sitting some. So you could even reduce that by half. 5.7dmg per mana. Minus your 2.8 is 2.9.. so you still come out ahead by sitting.
You're just not understanding. We are talking low low levels here. Unless your group is chain pulling res cons that take down a warrior in 5 hits, your heals are needed as top ups after the fight, the fight in which you should be meleeing like even the robed casters should be doing. Doing this for 5-6 levels will more than pay for your spells and kit you out in full cloth armor too
Old 10-31-2019, 05:02 PM
Kobold

Shrug I rarely loot in groups unless told to. If a mage word drops I will ask for it but whatever. If I need plat I just solo.
Old 10-31-2019, 10:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenlaar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Turn autosplit off, I didn't even want your copper on day 1.
Old 11-01-2019, 12:22 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They're the players who don't turn on autosplit when everyone else does.
I've always kept it off for monks. Copper's heavy, yo.
Old 11-01-2019, 12:27 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Every group seems to have them - one player who loots 50% of the bodies or shamelessly jumps the line in alpha looting ("oops, I forgot the alphabet"). They're the players who don't turn on autosplit when everyone else does.

How do you handle greedy players in your groups?

Only thing autosplit does for a group is weigh everyone down with copper.
Old 11-01-2019, 06:09 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Every group seems to have them - one player who loots 50% of the bodies or shamelessly jumps the line in alpha looting ("oops, I forgot the alphabet"). They're the players who don't turn on autosplit when everyone else does.

How do you handle greedy players in your groups?
Alright so, first a lesson in classic economics. EQ classic economics at least: Autosplit is flaming garbage

• it splits the number of coins, not the value of the coinage
• it does so as strictly fairly as it can
• If it cannot split an amount strictly fairly, that amount goes to the person doing the looting.

So, say you're in a six-man group. You kill a gnoll and the gnoll has 2p, 4g, 12s and 10 CP on its body.

The person who clicks to loot is receiving 2p, 4g, 2s, and 5C as their split
Everyone else is getting 0p, 0g, 2s, and 1c as theirs
"boy these gnolls sure are broke!" they laugh.

Additionally, coin has weight, meaning that you're burdening all the casters (and the monks!) with their body's weight worth of copper, totally a whopping five GP at the bank.

Of your group is dead serious about maximizing coinage gains? turn off autosplit and put all loots on alpha rotation.

If you want fairness, designate a master looter who will harvest all the coin and drops, sell, and then manually split the take six ways with the /split command (which again, will favor him in the case of remainders, but it's far more evenly-distributed than autosplit will produce.)

In the case of people who mix up loot orders? Well, mistakes do happen. However if they happen chronically, they aren't mistakes, they're violations. Call the person out on it, and if they persist? boot 'em. They don't have a right to your group.
Last edited by TheRusty; 11-01-2019 at 06:16 AM..
Closed Thread