Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2019, 01:55 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polixa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure who would exploit the idea I posted originally. If a guild held positions 2 through 7 would they seriously have 2 through 6 agree to be booted off the list to bump #7 to the top? Thus foregoing the chances of several manastones?

Nevertheless, I like Cen's suggestion

List works as normal, except the top 6 people in the list can be rewarded the item randomly.

Everyone else is waiting in line to be the top 6 to have a chance at it.
Personally, I would find it very frustrating if this were the case. This is borderline participation trophies. And would not solve the problem. Someone in those top 6 slots would be not helping, and then get the item, and then a while new crapstorm is set off.

The list system will never be perfect. That being said, if the person in position 1, cant solo the mob, maybe they shouldn't be there. Maybe the change needed is an increase in list level requirements, and nothing else.
Old 12-12-2019, 03:12 AM
Planar Protector

Galoch has said you can petition now if someone is sitting at #1 and not doing any work. Staff will action it.
Old 12-12-2019, 04:22 AM
Banned

saw a guy the other night fd at ass/sup for 17 hours and sit on the list at #1 and no one would help him... he just sat there watching tv fd at the camp and eventually got his mask when everyone else the next day broke camp and killed the mob for him
Old 12-12-2019, 04:25 AM
Banned

may can't come soon enough

but then again we gonna do this at the fun guy camp with pre nerf fun guy staffs too?

im so parking my monk there for about a week
Old 12-12-2019, 06:24 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Galoch has said you can petition now if someone is sitting at #1 and not doing any work. Staff will action it.
What about 3 and 4. Currently have them letting group die due to them sitting and hogging spot for people that want to come help. We have a level 35 at position 1 pulling leaving me (number 2) to to all the work and eventually die.
Old 12-12-2019, 09:45 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by aismartin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What about 3 and 4. Currently have them letting group die due to them sitting and hogging spot for people that want to come help. We have a level 35 at position 1 pulling leaving me (number 2) to to all the work and eventually die.
I think the statement by Galach was you need to help, not that you need to solo it as number 1. Presumably if the number 1 spot was trying to get people to coordinate to clear the camp they'd be off the hook but I guess we'll find out over the next few weeks how petitions pan out overall.
Old 12-12-2019, 10:15 AM
Banned

force engage timer by #1 - 10minutes
Old 12-12-2019, 10:43 AM
Planar Protector

So what if #1 45warrior, #2 45cleric, #3 44warrior, #4 46Rogue, #5 50monk, #6 48shaman.

#1, 2, get guises #3 & #4 are helping for 10 hrs. #5 & #6 then decide to stop helping after each engage in hopes of getting 3 and 4 to die. There’s always a situation where people can abuse no matter how we make the rules. Your best bet is to duo these camps with a friend if you aren’t a solo class.
Old 12-12-2019, 10:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nice. As well intentioned as the list mechanic is, it's creating non-classic situations where people incapable of soloing the mob are showing up to sit on the list. Back in the classic era, you generally didn't join the player made list unless you were capable of soloing the mob (because you obviously needed to kill it to get loot rights) or were otherwise bringing a group that was also going to join the list.
Old 12-12-2019, 12:27 PM
Developer

So many ways to grief.

Getting rare items is not a guarantee.