Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2019, 07:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppkins_Wytchfinder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Probably the same place as the "deep state" and "Shadow government"
People like this sense of connectedness, and therefore control (even if the controller is something external to them). This also gives a tangible cause (or being) against which these people can ascribe blame for undesirable things that happen. This perceived cohesive 'personified evil' becomes a target to fight against, which internalises the locus of control for these otherwise wild and unconnected events in their life.

This is why people enjoy blaming perhaps the Rothschildes, bankers, globalists, media monguls. It is comforting to believe someone is behind the chaos.

I'm certainly guilty of it, probably ascribing way more influence to Rupert Murdoch and his cohorts than really due. It's just so comforting to believe 'people are voting against their own interests because Ozyank brainwashed them into hating immigrants'.
Old 12-13-2019, 03:34 AM
Fire Giant

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppedandglued [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The point really is that the things you were talking about, the supernatural stuff, has had its chance to be proven by now. It hasn't, what's the excuse?
The Validity of the Supernatural is not the topic I am discussing, but you are welcome to it!

I come from a culture that does not bother with proofs or truths, certainties or reality, we all live in a constant flux of truth and tangibility.

And yet I know what you mean though that is not what I am discussing.

What happens today is not what will happen tomorrow, there are no certainties.

It is very hard to think what lies in front of you is real, if at all, only because tomorrow it will not exist.

I always liked the concept the natives from Australia give to reality, The Dreamtime.

Latinamerica is like that.

I can understand "Magic" and "Witchcraft" is as real as <insert whatever you think its imaginary> , so I honestly just like to talk about it like ... Art?

Personally I love Randi and debunking people that believe these things are real, for Venezuelans these rituals are cultural and obviously it is dangerous territory when Real Medicine is left to the side for "magic", but again, that is not what I want to show here.

Love showing it to others, even if they do not believe in it, because I find it absolutely delightful how people react, outsiders and insiders.

Personally I only believe in the fact people believe what they see is real, which leaves me apart and detached from it.

I am not talking about people doing magical rituals with stones or trees, but about the act of self-mortification so evident in our local rites, the music, the smoke, the types of drugs, the dancing.

There is something amazing in the ritual act some of these performers, under strong hallucinogenics, do to their bodies and the energy you can feel when everybody begins to let loose under the influence of the Stage Theatrics of the whole ritual.

Imagine a Psychological Experiment on a Mass Scale. A Cultural Performing Arts, a visual debauchery of the senses.

There is nothing there but what you want to pour on it, and it is also a longing.

Visually it is amazing, the sound is sublime, tribal.

Here you can see what I mean > Venezuelan Drums https://youtu.be/Q3ZVgldwHOU

And more Venezuelan Drums! Love it! > https://youtu.be/hbtQmhnSxl4

Again, Art, local Venezuela Art and Music, which can not be separated from its "magical" aspect. It is something hard to explain to others, so all I can do is show it around [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

in Venezuela the line between reality and fantasy is so blurred people live in an altered reality state, which is fascinating to me as a psychologist.

Points of validity or reason, though being important overall, are not the focus on the deep sociological aspects that surround these rituals, it is like trying to point at Mickey Mouse and insulting it , like the famous "Enemy Mine" scene [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It is like growing up knowing Santa is not real, yet enjoying Xmas for the chance to be with loved ones or as an excuse to be charitative or hang out with friends and have dinner, even if the whole mythology behind it is as fake as a 3 Dollar bill and elves do not exist and no white fat guy travels from the North Pole to bring gifts to good children.

I mean, everyone knows it is not real, hope the analogy conveys what I mean. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

And love showing it around ... the more blood, the better, its fantastic! For me when people begin to pour hot candle wax all over their bodies and spasm is like the climax of the whole show.

If just one person discovers about it from this thread, my work is done, which is again, just to show some interesting local aspects of my country to others.

Reality is another topic, delusions a different reality altogether.

Here let me finish with something the Amazing Randi once said:
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

So open you rmind to it, just not too much, and see it as performing arts.

We do not have geishas or danish tongue singers or russian squat dancers, we have guys cutting themselves open praying to local nature spirits while under the influence of strong drugs.

And for me that is ... Sublime. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Big hug to you my friend! Remain Skeptical! Everybody is always selling something, even if hidden with the truth.

Yay!
----------------------------------
[center]
Old 12-13-2019, 03:45 AM
Fire Giant

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is why people enjoy blaming perhaps the Rothschildes, bankers, globalists, media monguls. It is comforting to believe someone is behind the chaos.

I'm certainly guilty of it, probably ascribing way more influence to Rupert Murdoch and his cohorts than really due. It's just so comforting to believe 'people are voting against their own interests because Ozyank brainwashed them into hating immigrants'.
Very good insight! +1 to you sir! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
----------------------------------
[center]
Old 12-13-2019, 04:08 AM
Planar Protector

Santa most certainly is real!
Old 12-13-2019, 04:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppkins_Wytchfinder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most "shaman" are just people who took a bunch of salvia and had "a visionquest" and are suddenly an authority on it. We all did salvia. We all had a bad time [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There’s also technique to do similar things without drugs. Intense meditation with breathing exercises and lucid dreaming. There’s technique and tradition and practice that takes years and years and then there’s also randomly dicking around with drugs.
Old 12-13-2019, 06:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vormotus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Very good insight! +1 to you sir! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not wanting to go into the politics of it out of respect for the moderation team, but I will comment on my own psychology.

My delusions of Murdoch's reach of influence are further entrenched my the results of last night's general election in the UK. Absolutely some confirmation bias happening here in my perspectives.
Old 12-13-2019, 01:20 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vormotus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Validity of the Supernatural is not the topic I am discussing, but you are welcome to it!

I come from a culture that does not bother with proofs or truths, certainties or reality, we all live in a constant flux of truth and tangibility.
wtf were u born as mogley from the jungle book
And yet I know what you mean though that is not what I am discussing.
then why the fuck u finna write my ass a book?
What happens today is not what will happen tomorrow, there are no certainties.
no shit bruce lee einstein
It is very hard to think what lies in front of you is real, if at all, only because tomorrow it will not exist.
is what i tell my mom so I don't have to get a job
I always liked the concept the natives from Australia give to reality, The Dreamtime.
is this motherfucker really just gonna make a new paragraph with one sentence in it and say random shit?
Latinamerica is like that.
YEP
I can understand "Magic" and "Witchcraft" is as real as <insert whatever you think its imaginary> , so I honestly just like to talk about it like ... Art?
on a completely new subject now that I spent an entire sentence covering witchcraft in latin america
Personally I love Randi and debunking people that believe these things are real, for Venezuelans these rituals are cultural and obviously it is dangerous territory when Real Medicine is left to the side for "magic", but again, that is not what I want to show here.
you really love randy huh
Love showing it to others, even if they do not believe in it, because I find it absolutely delightful how people react, outsiders and insiders.
Personally I only believe in the fact people believe what they see is real, which leaves me apart and detached from it.
are you on adderal?
I am not talking about people doing magical rituals with stones or trees, but about the act of self-mortification so evident in our local rites, the music, the smoke, the types of drugs, the dancing.
or more than just addy?
There is something amazing in the ritual act some of these performers, under strong hallucinogenics, do to their bodies and the energy you can feel when everybody begins to let loose under the influence of the Stage Theatrics of the whole ritual.
*due to their bodies
Imagine a Psychological Experiment on a Mass Scale. A Cultural Performing Arts, a visual debauchery of the senses.
later that month a man who sneaked into a nursing home was caught giving residents large amounts of LSD, and then proclaiming himself to be some form of wind god.
There is nothing there but what you want to pour on it, and it is also a longing.
your face is melting dude
Visually it is amazing, the sound is sublime, tribal.
i forgot wtf you where talking about
Here you can see what I mean > Venezuelan Drums https://youtu.be/Q3ZVgldwHOU
pretty colors bro

And more Venezuelan Drums! Love it! > https://youtu.be/hbtQmhnSxl4
its cool bro I like turtles

Again, Art, local Venezuela Art and Music, which can not be separated from its "magical" aspect. It is something hard to explain to others, so all I can do is show it around [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I find theories on time and space travel more interesting
in Venezuela the line between reality and fantasy is so blurred people live in an altered reality state, which is fascinating to me as a psychologist.
shade tree time travelers

Points of validity or reason, though being important overall, are not the focus on the deep sociological aspects that surround these rituals, it is like trying to point at Mickey Mouse and insulting it , like the famous "Enemy Mine" scene [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
all hell naaw he hit me with the Mickey Mouse defense
It is like growing up knowing Santa is not real, yet enjoying Xmas for the chance to be with loved ones or as an excuse to be charitative or hang out with friends and have dinner, even if the whole mythology behind it is as fake as a 3 Dollar bill and elves do not exist and no white fat guy travels from the North Pole to bring gifts to good children.
I been saying santa was black for ages, I mean you think a white guy could break into all those houses?
I mean, everyone knows it is not real, hope the analogy conveys what I mean. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
starting to sweat about santa bud? he's gonna getcha!
And love showing it around ... the more blood, the better, its fantastic! For me when people begin to pour hot candle wax all over their bodies and spasm is like the climax of the whole show.
oh man this just went a whole new direction... can't say im surprised.
If just one person discovers about it from this thread, my work is done, which is again, just to show some interesting local aspects of my country to others.
you are a true blessing to man kind
Reality is another topic, delusions a different reality altogether.
yah lets stick here, madness
Here let me finish with something the Amazing Randi once said:
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
now hes the fucking amazing randi
So open you rmind to it, just not too much, and see it as performing arts.
wow
We do not have geishas or danish tongue singers or russian squat dancers, we have guys cutting themselves open praying to local nature spirits while under the influence of strong drugs.
im not opposed to that, I just said it's not accepted to have any value opposed to placebo effects and culture.
And for me that is ... Sublime. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
man you do a lot of drugs don't you
Big hug to you my friend! Remain Skeptical! Everybody is always selling something, even if hidden with the truth.
first you started out like a drunk guy at the bar trying to give advice, and totally went all Confucius at the end, not bad.
Yay!
That was like homework or something
Old 12-13-2019, 01:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Santa most certainly is real!
Old 12-13-2019, 01:29 PM
Banned

How does one prove a dream?

It’s possible to look at brain waves during sleep and show someone is within dreaming brainwave activity but..... how does one prove this or that happened in a dream last night?

Some experiences are personal. You know the dream happened. You experienced it. How can you prove what happened?
Old 12-13-2019, 01:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How does one prove a dream?

It’s possible to look at brain waves during sleep and show someone is within dreaming brainwave activity but..... how does one prove this or that happened in a dream last night?

Some experiences are personal. You know the dream happened. You experienced it. How can you prove what happened?
Why are you trying to "prove" a dream happened in the first place?
Closed Thread