Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2016, 04:32 PM
Fire Giant

Default Necromancer in SS

Is this a good zone at 55 for me to solo or should I just head to HS and charm in there? I need some of the random drops in zone for a couple of my characters and I prefer doing something productive for myself it makes the leveling easy for me.
Old 03-28-2016, 07:17 PM
Fire Giant

I figured the same thing and tried it at 56. The cubes are easy, but they don't drop everything and have the lowest drop rate. The Fe`dhars have better loot/drop rate, but were way too MR for my liking at 56. I also wanted to gear up multiple toons, but it just wasn't worth it. At 59 it might be a decent afk camp spot, but until then I think its too much of a hassle.
Old 03-28-2016, 08:30 PM
Fire Giant

Cool, thanks I might just grind out to 59/60 then do it in that case.
Old 03-28-2016, 10:26 PM
Aviak

I would second the opinion that you're better off hitting HS hard as a necro in terms of return on investment. I can understand coming from the position that you want to make sure you're being "productive" while leveling, but HS also offers that if you hit north - you'll generate reliable income from girdles and clubs and it's a great zone for getting familiar the upper part of the learning curve for necromancer charming and learning good skills and habits.

The no-drop items and other goodies from SS are tempting, but if you're looking for a specific item it's kind of a long shot camping - you could easily level to 60 and never see the item you want. I'd recommend earning money for droppables through other means and if you really want a specific no-drop wait until level 59 or 60 to return.
Old 03-29-2016, 10:12 AM
Fire Giant

The mobs in Skyshrine have a lot of hps and they regen approximately 80 hp per tick (1% of ~8000 hps). I think it's a pretty inefficient place to exp.

Camping specific items there is pretty frustrating, though a 60 necro can probably do fairly well. You'll see a drop maybe once every 15 kills or so, and the drop table is huge and also seems weighted toward some of the less valuable items. Was a bit of a nightmare as a wizard, but I eventually got what I wanted. Just be prepared for a long camp.
Old 03-29-2016, 07:25 PM
Banned

whats the like, thoughts on getting a full set of this? Guardian Armor

Like.. on red, where like nobody farms in here, so you'll be doing al the work, no /shout "arms rotting over here" (join red so i can get free rots!)

but yea, so what do you think the type of effort one would have to put into farming a full set of this?
Old 03-29-2016, 07:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
whats the like, thoughts on getting a full set of this? Guardian Armor

Like.. on red, where like nobody farms in here, so you'll be doing al the work, no /shout "arms rotting over here" (join red so i can get free rots!)

but yea, so what do you think the type of effort one would have to put into farming a full set of this?
It's pretty easy, I farmed a visible* set and robe back on live during Velious as a 60 bard. Just takes patience. I'd imagine 2-3 days focused/week and a half casually clearing from WL to spy room. Had a set by the time I got robes.

Over the weekish I tried fe`dhar bridge I saw several groups factioning but no rots being called. I imagine most people are there for the chance of fashion too.
Last edited by Crawdad; 03-29-2016 at 07:45 PM.. Reason: *
Old 03-31-2016, 10:05 PM
Sarnak

What has best chance/ease to farm to drop Wurm Lord Shawl?
Old 03-31-2016, 10:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitao [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What has best chance/ease to farm to drop Wurm Lord Shawl?
I got mine from the named wurm Jaelk, though I'm convinced any Fe'Dhar or named wurm has the same drop table and same drop chances. It's extremely rare, so be prepared for a long camp unless you get really lucky!

As for ease of killing, all the wyverns and wurms before the maze seem to have the same number of hps and resist chance, so I don't think there's any one particular mob with a chance to drop the Shawl that is easier than the rest. It's possible the Velic named cubes share the full loot table, but I never saw any of the better drops from them so tend to think their loot table is smaller and less exciting like the shambling cubes.
Last edited by Vallanor; 03-31-2016 at 10:49 PM..
Old 04-01-2016, 04:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallanor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I got mine from the named wurm Jaelk, though I'm convinced any Fe'Dhar or named wurm has the same drop table and same drop chances. It's extremely rare, so be prepared for a long camp unless you get really lucky!

As for ease of killing, all the wyverns and wurms before the maze seem to have the same number of hps and resist chance, so I don't think there's any one particular mob with a chance to drop the Shawl that is easier than the rest. It's possible the Velic named cubes share the full loot table, but I never saw any of the better drops from them so tend to think their loot table is smaller and less exciting like the shambling cubes.
This Thread has a wealth of information, particularly Nilbog's posts:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...2&postcount=54
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...6&postcount=57