Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 08:55 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-19-2012, 09:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
HAH!
Old 03-20-2012, 01:52 AM
Sarnak

Ricktatorship, hahahaha that's fucking excellent.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:44 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the books are literally completely different aside from character names.
After reading the first few "volumes" or whatever you wanna call em', I'm surprised how similar the TV show / comic series really is after not only you, but a lot of other people I've heard say they're nothing alike.

A little run down of things that are exactly the same, which is almost every important theme on the TV show (without future spoilers) ...

-Rick of course was shot, while with Shane, his partner, while on duty.

-Rick was in a coma while the "apocalypse" started, and was left behind in the hospital. (in the comic, Lori was never told he was dead, they were supposed to go back for him)

-Rick goes to Atlanta on horse back, barely makes it out alive. Horse gets devoured, Glenn saves his ass.

-Shane bones' up Lori, Lori winds up pregnant, isn't sure who the father is.

-Shane is pissed Rick made it back to them alive, wants him gone, wants to run the group his way. (Shane is killed differently in the comic, which I won't spoil incase anyone wants to read it, cause it's pretty cool, but the confrontation was almost the same.)

-Carl was shot by accident while hunting, by Otis, who then takes them to Hershal's farm where Hershal saves Carl's life.

-Hershal says they can stay until the boy is healthy, but then wants them to leave afterwords.

-Hershal keeps walkers in the barn, but they way they're all destroyed is different.

I'll stop there, but I could go on, and I'm sure I'm forgetting a few things as well. Now I understand a lot of these things happen in different order in the comics as opposed to the TV show, and there are different characters with different story lines in both the comic and the show.

But if anyone else is like me and they just can't wait until the fall for more walking dead, and they haven't read the comics, I highly suggest DL'ing them and giving em' a read if ya have the extra time.

It's definitely giving me my fix, while giving me a little glimpse as to what story lines may take shape in the future. But things will definitely not be exactly the same so it's not going to ruin it for ya I don't think. Where I'm currently at in the Comics, some characters are still alive that were killed on the show, and vice versa.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flunklesnarkin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what did crazy scientist whisper to rick right before the CDC exploded?
The CDC scientist guy tells rick (which rick tells the group at the end of the last episode) that everyone has the virus and you turn into a walker when you die and your brain is intact
Old 03-22-2012, 05:11 AM
Aviak

*** Comic-related Spoiler Alert ***

I know Mith0r talked breifly about a few similarities, but I wanted to expand on that (and future events) for those of you who are curious as to where season 3 is EXPECTED to go. Some similarities/differences we've seen so far:

*After Hershel's farm, they take up residence in a prison (which is likely to be in the show, as they panned out in the final shot to a prison during the finale)

*In the comics, Shane dies much earlier in the timeline while Dale dies much later. (They were essentially swapped for the show). Andrea has a relationship with Dale, not Shane (also essentially swapped for the show).

*After leaving Hershel's farm, they find their way to the prison. The villian is The Governor, the head of a local town of survivors. This character is already cast for season 3.

*The following characters die during the prison storyline: Carol, Hershel's two youngest daughters (not Maggie), Lori, and the baby.

Now that third bullet point is the most interesting in my opinion, and the one that is most likely to have the show deviate from the comics. They've killed Shane and Dale, as has happened in the comic series, so they are on track. I'm curious if they are ready/willing to do the same to Lori, Carol, and the baby. Daryl doesn't exist in the comics, so he is not Carol's love interest there. But comic-Carol does have her man stolen by Michonne (the sword-wielding, hooded figure) so maybe Daryl is about to get an upgrade. As for Lori, she's a major part of the show, and television based on ratings is usually a little less gutsy about big moves than a comic would be. Comics kill off main characters all the time, shows and movies not as much.

But if you're like me, and can't stand Carl or Lori, at least half of your dreams could possibly come true very soon.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I lol'd pretty hard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-25-2012, 02:23 AM
Kobold

Herschel was the most badass character in this whole show
Old 03-25-2012, 02:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by rat slaying inc. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Herschel was the most badass character in this whole show
he didn't die lol
Old 03-25-2012, 10:31 AM
Planar Protector

Is it because he has unlimited ammo?