Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2019, 06:21 PM
Planar Protector

Talking ***New weekly WTOV and bi-monthly Friday WTOV!!!***

That's right! We're juicing up the open WTOV raids due to popular demand! If you are one of the many who love the fashion, gamble, and community of the WTOV raids, we'll be expanding to SIX thats right SIX WTOV raids per month!

The schedule looks thus:
  • 1st Friday of the month starting at 8 p.m. EST - REAL flurries for the first hour and a 3 hour clear of WTOV with yours truly, the draco that likes to bake-o, ME.
  • 3rd Friday of the month starting at 8 p.m. EST - Real flurries for the first hour and a 3 hour clear of WTOV hosted by Feydain, Guild Leader of <Death and Taxes>.
  • Mondays at 2:00 EST (FOR EUROS!) - Small time (big time also allowed) WTOV with the #1 Frenchy, VISCERAL! (#1 in no particular order).

Gotta be 52+ to attend the raid!

----------------

West Temple of Veeshan pick 3 RULES

The loot system is a pre-pick system on the loot table. We do a pick 1 for Flurries and a pick 3 for any item on the armor loot table in west. Always put your picks into the pick 3 text channel in discord to ensure you are counted. Join the discord here https://discord.gg/yBYF9nx.

ONE pick from the Flurry Loot Table
ONE Major item (Breastplate or Leggings) of any type.
TWO Minor items (the rest) of any type.
You MUST /tell the Host or POST your items in the official WTOV Discord pick 3 channel before you are allowed to roll.
All rolls will be /ran for ONLY those who picked the items if they drop.
If only one person picks an item, the item defaults as NO CONTEST.
If no one picks an item it will be /ran 1000 Greed.
Winners own the item once the /ran is closed. They decide to whom and where the item goes, and therefore is their responsibility to make sure that the corpse is locked and looted.
only one item of any type may be picked, no double rolls (bring a friend if you want a better chance at an item).

And now an additional rule for the play-makers: active pullers, clerics, and one coth mage will be allowed to upgrade any minor pick to a major pick. (Reminder this doesn't assure them loot, just better odds for their hard work and helping things go).

----------------

Complicated? Not really. Just pick 3 things and start hitting stuff - it's easy! See you all this Friday and bring a friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Old 02-12-2019, 06:22 PM
Banned

woo!
Old 02-14-2019, 01:26 PM
Planar Protector

Bump come join us Friday~~

Quote:

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Old 02-14-2019, 01:42 PM
Planar Protector

On the one hand, kudos for doing this. You certainly didn't have to and its great for the server.

On the other hand, I can't help but notice it's some good PR coming right after the rotations were announced, but before they were implemented. Not trying to always be negative or anything, just pointing out that could have happened in any of the many months before rotations were announced ... but didn't.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-14-2019, 01:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We been doing it since before then, probably should stick to green server posts
Aftermath was doing far less before, and now they're doing more ... that's kind of the entire point of the OP.

And again, I'm not saying this is a bad thing. But when you have the entire server vs. one guild on the topic of rotations (and yes, I know I'm oversimplifying a little), and then that one guild suddenly opens up raiding while shouting "nothing wrong with the current raid scene, no need for rotations here, look how great it is, random people can do WTov!" (again, I realize no one's actually shouting that, I'm implying it) it makes me question what their motivations were in suddenly doing this at this particular time.

Maybe they truly weren't thinking about the incoming rotations at all, and they're doing this purely out of the kindness of their Aftermath hearts. Or maybe not. I'm just saying the timing makes me wonder.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-14-2019, 01:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This isn't "aftermath" this is open raid, think Lord Bob. Just because a few of our tags are AM doesn't mean it's some weird ass conspiracy.
Fair enough. I just saw:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonderbeast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Draconite - 60 Warlord <Aftermath>
Sond Cerulean - 58 Preserver <Aftermath>
and assumed Aftermath was supporting it. Also it was my understanding that Aftermath had lead open raids in the past. But if it's just a coincidence that the person announcing it is from Aftermath, then it's just a coincidence and not an attempt to make it seem like rotations aren't needed.

As I said before, open raids are good for the server, and things just looked funny IF Aftermath was leading the charge on them at this time.

Last edited by loramin; 02-14-2019 at 02:02 PM..
Old 02-14-2019, 02:04 PM
Kobold

Draco's being doing these for a long time, well before he joined AM. He's not announcing it, he's the original organizer, and he started doing these back when he was still in Paradox, over a year ago. How often they occur tends to ebb and tide with his schedule/interest in playing EQ/etc. Spinning this as some kind of AM tactic is just a little bit tinfoil hat-like.
Old 02-14-2019, 02:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moerne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Draco's being doing these for a long time, well before he joined AM. He's not announcing it, he's the original organizer, and he started doing these back when he was still in Paradox, over a year ago. How often they occur tends to ebb and tide with his schedule/interest in playing EQ/etc. Spinning this as some kind of AM tactic is just a little bit tinfoil hat-like.
Thank you, I get it now. There's no need to throw tinfoil hat insults out. Aftermath has lead open raids before. An Aftermath member announced they're leading more open raids. This happened during a very specific window of time, but I never out and out said there was any conspiracy, all I ever said was that the timing looked suspicious.

Then multiple other posters clarified that wasn't the case. I responded and clearly indicated I understood that, and yet you jumped in anyway. But again, no tinfoil hats needed, I just saw something that looked a little sketch, people explained it wasn't, story over.

Old 02-14-2019, 03:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On the one hand, kudos for doing this. You certainly didn't have to and its great for the server.

On the other hand, I can't help but notice it's some good PR coming right after the rotations were announced, but before they were implemented. Not trying to always be negative or anything, just pointing out that could have happened in any of the many months before rotations were announced ... but didn't.
Ya, been doing WToV every month since I was in Paradorkxs, The Second Senators Sons, and Autismath. I've been the only one running it so I've cut back on my time I input into it but recently Visceral and Feydain have shown interest in coordinating with me.

INDEED IT IS VERY MUCH A COINCIDENCE BUSH TOWERS 9/11 REEEE

Quote:

Old 02-14-2019, 03:22 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He's been doing these Wtov runs for months? This is a truly sad take.

I hope you enjoy the rotations man and that they were everything you hoped for.
Closed Thread