Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 12:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You guys can stop arguing about it. It's a bug. It will be fixed when we release the next spells file.
Not arguing, just wasn't sure what the stance was, at this point. Thanks for letting us know, Uthgaard! Good news, chanters! Stock up on peridots!
Old 12-23-2010, 03:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzarr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Since runes here dont prevent procs -- its gonna be interesting fighting a mob that procs 1.5k lifetap every 3-4 hits
I've actually experienced that up close and personal a few days ago...it wasn't pretty.
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
DAOC: Uthgard Revamp (old thread with some useful info)
"Sometimes a Majority means, that most fools are on the same side"
Old 12-23-2010, 06:40 PM
Fire Giant

I'm guessing 99% of the people in the thread never killed VS in kunark. You would know how this spell line works, if so!

Thanks for the update Uth!
Old 12-23-2010, 09:49 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rais [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm guessing 99% of the people in the thread never killed VS in kunark. You would know how this spell line works, if so!

Thanks for the update Uth!
Heh it wasn't until someone mentioned VS that I realized how horribly wrong I was.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rottening [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Heh it wasn't until someone mentioned VS that I realized how horribly wrong I was.
VS was pretty much the only real necessary use of Rune. Beyond that, it was considered a bonus. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-23-2010, 10:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aadill [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
VS was pretty much the only real necessary use of Rune. Beyond that, it was considered a bonus. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
PoSky had more use of rune than VS. Funny that you say that.
Last edited by Salty; 12-23-2010 at 10:15 PM..
Old 12-24-2010, 02:01 AM
Kobold

rofl
Old 12-24-2010, 06:36 AM
Planar Protector

Sweeeeet.

Now if only damage shields work through rune then we're sorted [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I enchant things...
Old 12-24-2010, 12:09 PM
Kobold

Is it supposed to? If so, should it be registering through invuln effects as well?
Old 12-24-2010, 07:53 PM
Kobold

Runes were vital on Tallon Zek.

Whether it's the WIZ version or ENC version the way they worked was as follows:

They absorbed all melee, and DD spell damage (up to the limit of the rune).

The DD portion of a DoT was absorbed (so the initial hit) but after that the DoT penetrated directly to the player.

Damage Shields stacked with Runes - they currently don't (in other words as it is now - if I have a DS on AND a Rune up, and a mob hits me, the DS won't hit the mob).

It wasn't until later that they introduced Spellshield - a spell specifically designed to absorb ONLY DD spell damage. We won't see that on P99 as this was post-Velious.

I honestly don't remember the stun aspect - but I DO know I could channel a spell while getting my ass beat by a melee - so I'm assuming melee based stuns/bashes did NOT penetrate.

MR based stuns weren't really used on TZ (everyone had insane MR, everyone knew this, therefore nobody used stuns lol). So I can't honestly say how Spell-based stuns were handled via runes one way or the other.

<The Mystical Order>

Alts:
[34 Wizard] Motlee Crue (Human) <The Mystical Order>
[4 Wizard] Aysee Deecee (Human) <The Mystical Order>
[2 Wizard] Vhan Halen (Human) <The Mystical Order>

Live - Tallon Zek 2000-2005 / Drinal 2007-2008
[80 Sorcerer] Acillatem Zoso (Human) <Knights of the White Rose> / <Veritable Quandary>
Closed Thread