Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2020, 09:11 AM
Planar Protector

You select the target for bind wound (tab onto your self, hit the f# of your group mate, include a /target yourname in the first line, however you want to do it)

/doa # where # is the slot in your skill or combat page where you have put bind wound

/stand

and then just target the mob you were fighting (tab back /assist tankname /target a_ ,whatever works for you)

reengage autoattack.

I've given you the steps so you can write the macro that suits you best.

Personally I just tab (target self), press 4 (bind wound), press 3, (/stand), tab (previous target), f (autoattack) rather than use a grand unified macro.

Not using a macro lets me use a f# for a group mate to bandage, and I can /ass tank to resume fighting.
Old 05-05-2020, 10:04 AM
Sarnak

thanks a lot, time to start using that [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-05-2020, 10:18 AM
Sarnak

I'd suggest a ranger for your first melee. You get alot of utility spells and can do a bit of everything. You will get the tank experience, pulling, dps, cc and mild solo capabilities. Real tracking opens up a whole new way of playing the game and finding named targets, forage,hide and sneak. It may not be for you but you will get alot of tools that you may have not experienced with pure casters.
Old 05-05-2020, 10:45 AM
Sarnak

omg, combat bindwound is OP. thanks Jimjam
Old 05-05-2020, 03:01 PM
Planar Protector

I guess it depends. A melee on green is going to be rough, especially a hybrid (bard/sk/pal/ranger) due to the extra 40% xp penalty. Although, bards are by far easier to equip than the other melee classes except maybe monks.

I'd be tempted to try a bard tho. Get a cheap instrument or two and enjoy running fast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Old 05-05-2020, 03:13 PM
Planar Protector

naw... i bet i could get a rogue to 50 on green in under a month untwinked with 16 hr play sessions, tho would end up needing to group some.

how dedicated to this character are you going to be? if only a lil, start a ranger, or monk, or mess around on a rogue and dont feel bad if it gets real hard at lvl 12

imo rogues are the coolest, with the deepest learning curve, but they power up slower than warriors. Warriors just keep powering up. Monks are really active, and intersting, and pulling is cool. Rangers are the most versatile hybrid. Paladins are for roleplayers, and shadowknights are for minmaxers.
Old 05-06-2020, 01:03 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lartanin63 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd suggest a ranger for your first melee. You get alot of utility spells and can do a bit of everything. You will get the tank experience, pulling, dps, cc and mild solo capabilities. Real tracking opens up a whole new way of playing the game and finding named targets, forage,hide and sneak. It may not be for you but you will get alot of tools that you may have not experienced with pure casters.
This is exactly my experience thus far on Green: ranger as my first-ever EQ melee. Now at lvl15. So far having fun, it's going well, track is amazing, and I intend to stick with it. I like some variety, a mix of soloing and grouping and trying different stuff in a game. From that perspective a ranger is a great fit.
Old 05-06-2020, 01:35 PM
Fire Giant

Soloing on a fresh warrior is pretty easy. I'm currently just under level 29 on my solo Dwarf Warrior run only using gear I find/craft/quest for. Their experience bonus also makes the leveling process a tad easier, a lot less stuff you have to kill.

Honestly as a shorty, it's a pretty easy time. There's a bunch of XP hand in quests, there's a lot of amazing early game armor quests, you can get basically best-in-slot weapons for the vast majority of your character's life (Bull Smasher / Langseax) pretty easily.

As an ogre or a troll I'm not sure what weapons I'd shoot for, but you can raise blacksmithing to craft banded in ~250ish plat which is honestly super easy to acquire if you just focus on big money drops like cracked staves, stackable decent selling items, etc.

If you open yourself up to trading, you can pretty easily amass currency selling bone chips or CB belts and buy a pair of good weapons. Start saving for Crafted armor.
Old 05-06-2020, 01:58 PM
Planar Protector

Melee soloing in general is much more doable than a lot of posts on the forums can make people believe especially after Kunark is released. Granted self found is a whole different ballgame.

I leveled my monk as my first character in Kunark era before combat bind wound was general knowledge so I didn't use it. Aside from having to spend a little bit of time farming to buy a good weapon there was no point I felt it wasn't doable or particular challenging until 51+.

51+ is almost an entirely different game though.
Last edited by jolanar; 05-06-2020 at 02:01 PM..
Old 05-07-2020, 12:49 PM
Sarnak

lvl20 now. iksar monk using combat bindwound seems to be a supereasy way to solo. granted, im slightly twinked BUT without my haste gloves, its only 300pp worth of gear. the 55hp rings scale fantastically with mend and bindwound, and the 23/28 2hb stick cannot be beat for the price of 50-100pp. at lvl20, the doubleattack skill along with removed melee dmg restrictions (went from 28 max dmg per swing to 46dmg x2 chance per swing) make this monk killer dps. also, feigndeath is just clutch!
Last edited by unleashedd; 05-07-2020 at 12:51 PM..
Closed Thread