Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2020, 03:15 PM
Fire Giant

Charm is fairly tough sledding at early levels. Once you get Clarity, that will help a ton since charm is pretty costly when you are constantly having to manage and re-charm your pet, and the ensuing roots/mezzes for CC.

Also, I am not sure if calm has different resist rates. I usually just use Lull even in the 50s, unless situations require the extra mana cost for durations.
Old 05-08-2020, 11:02 AM
Aviak

Interesting bit about lull. Calm costs a lot and often ill get 3 resists which uses about 1.5 blues. I may try lull out for a bit.

Anyways, as an update, I recently gained a level and am doing a bit better. Haven't died in a while but based on resists, fizzles and breaks I can either kill 3 mobs or 1 most of the time before I have to gate out. Sometimes I cant even kill 1 mob but usually that's because a healer starts to ruin my day through the walls once both mobs are low.

Another issue i've been running into is around invis. I keep hitting self target multiple times and it switches to my pet which causes me to invis my pet half the time. Is there a button that doesn't include your pet when targeting self?
Old 05-08-2020, 11:59 AM
Banned

It'll be better as you get more levels. Bigger gap between your level and mob level while still staying blue con.

Its good to practice now, though! Keep at it and your frustration will ultimately be looked back upon with nostalgia.
Old 05-08-2020, 12:05 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1551 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
probably due to your level — 21. At lower levels the range between what you kill for exp is drastically smaller than when youre higher level which seems to have a huge effect on resists overall. Everything becomes much more reliable at higher levels as a result. If your blue character is higher level I would almost guarantee this is the source of your frustration

My necro on green basically gave up on using (undead only) root for dungeon soloing around your level because it was such a random shitshow of breaks while at higher levels a root is basically a guaranteed full duration hold if you dont break it via dd
Can confirm....Root has been TERRIBLE @ low levels on Green! Rarely lasting half it's duration id say!
Old 05-08-2020, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by larsbars [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Another issue i've been running into is around invis. I keep hitting self target multiple times and it switches to my pet which causes me to invis my pet half the time. Is there a button that doesn't include your pet when targeting self?
Does your button not always work? Or why do you push it more than once?

Would it help to put your Target window closer to the middle of your screen so you are more aware of it? A lot of people just leave Target and other important UI stuff off to the side where it is by default. Having played bard, clr, and druid, I put Target, my hp/mana, and my group window near the center of the lower area of my screen.

You can also use Tab to toggle between current target and self. You might have the same problem, though.

You couuuuuuuuuld make a /target Potatus macro (your name instead).
Last edited by Videri; 05-08-2020 at 12:53 PM..
Old 05-09-2020, 01:27 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does your button not always work? Or why do you push it more than once?

Would it help to put your Target window closer to the middle of your screen so you are more aware of it? A lot of people just leave Target and other important UI stuff off to the side where it is by default. Having played bard, clr, and druid, I put Target, my hp/mana, and my group window near the center of the lower area of my screen.

You can also use Tab to toggle between current target and self. You might have the same problem, though.

You couuuuuuuuuld make a /target Potatus macro (your name instead).
I formed the habit of double clicking spells because I fizzle so much. Also generally im panicked while doing charm kills :P. I might try making a macro to click on.
Closed Thread