Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2021, 11:45 AM
Fire Giant

Racing is just an arbitrary metric to substitute for FTE. Why not duels? Or a baking contest? Karaoke?

Whatever metric you put in place, the no-lifers will practice it, recruit ringers, or otherwise put more time into it in order to win. Private servers to practice racing for example.

And, if the casual scum do happen to get some sort of idiot savant (a lisping idiot in this case) who is good at it, Detoxx will just accuses him of cheating which is what happened to Mario cart the first time around.
Old 05-07-2021, 11:47 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobart [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Racing is just an arbitrary metric to substitute for FTE. Why not duels? Or a baking contest? Karaoke?

Whatever metric you put in place, the no-lifers will practice it, recruit ringers, or otherwise put more time into it in order to win. Private servers to practice racing for example.

And, if the casual scum do happen to get some sort of idiot savant (a lisping idiot in this case) who is good at it, Detoxx will just accuses him of cheating which is what happened to Mario cart the first time around.
god damn i've had this argument 40x times

Mobs like Statue and KT will be hard races. YES. (WILL IT BE ANY HARDER THAN IT IS FOR A CASUAL GUILD TO SCORE ONE OF THOSE KILLS NOW? NO.)

Mobs in ToV can become a total crapshoot, because being in first place is not necessarily good. Almost every mob can one round anybody. Meaning you can be 10th person off the line, and still get a chance at vulak.
Old 05-07-2021, 11:50 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
god damn i've had this argument 40x times

Mobs like Statue and KT will be hard races. YES. (WILL IT BE ANY HARDER THAN IT IS FOR A CASUAL GUILD TO SCORE ONE OF THOSE KILLS NOW? NO.)

Mobs in ToV can become a total crapshoot, because being in first place is not necessarily good. Almost every mob can one round anybody. Meaning you can be 10th person off the line, and still get a chance at vulak.
Exactly, tov doesn't matter if ya first off line, that's what makes it fun.
Old 05-07-2021, 11:58 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClephNote [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hear you, but I’m still not following your logic.

Your experience is being ruined because top guilds kill everything, and you want to kill stuff?

What is your fix? More rotations? Amusement park “Lines” for pixels that isn’t built off of respawn windows or length of wait? How do make it so super cool people with awesome jobs and hot spouses that don’t care about this game get BiS?

I’m saying it snarky, but honest question!

I never said my experience is ruined. I have a blast on p99. I was calling out homeboy for saying casuals ruined the server. How the fuck exactly did they do that?
Old 05-07-2021, 12:02 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yinein [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let's casuals only need a racer to get FTE, main reason casuals don't compete is cause of pre parking and time to setup. Giving guild 3 hours allows this to happen and to move to the target. Being super fast doesn't matter past aary , being first isn't always a good thing .

Thank you for the intelligent and serious response. My meaningless vote is cast for your solution, that has a history of working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobart [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Bro, look at yourself. There has to be some structure and format, mob scarcity and population density demand it. Winning requires losers, don't be a loser before you even compete. Respect yoself.
Old 05-07-2021, 01:40 PM
Kobold

Quote:
WHY U Are going to have alot of trouble
#
Feb 11 2001 at 4:54 PM Rating: Good
__DEL__1593361124491
4 posts
There was an attempted raid on her on Eci and she casted WORD OF SILENCE No one can cast ANYTHING for 1/2 hr RL TIME If U think I am jokeing u go try it! The whole raid was destroyed..I dont suggest anyone try her for a long time
wow wtf is dis true
Old 05-07-2021, 01:41 PM
Kobold

you guys should take his advbice tho and not try it for a long time
Old 05-07-2021, 01:44 PM
Kobold

i dont know what the heck racisng or FTE is (free time extension?)

but i know some retarded boys when i see them and i see the hell out of them here in this thread
Old 05-07-2021, 01:47 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by twill86 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was calling out homeboy for saying casuals ruined the server. How the fuck exactly did they do that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhairava [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i dont know what the heck racisng or FTE is (free time extension?)

but i know some retarded boys when i see them and i see the hell out of them here in this thread
He’d also like Warder loot.
Old 05-07-2021, 02:01 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClephNote [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He’d also like Warder loot.
Sorry you don't got
Closed Thread