Planar Protector

Loramin finly stiched this book together

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

and now he's realized what he has done.

Like Oppenheimer.
Old 06-16-2021, 01:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toothed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't buy that argument Jibartik. Wanna know why? Because our soft hand held asses didn't figure any of this shit out. The real paying players did back then the hard way. They had 10x more skill than any of us. "Live players just weren't doing it right" is a BS argument. They are the ones that paved the way for what we do here. Thousands and thousands of brains is better than a few thousands +some time added. We just use recycled cheese sauce. We didn't pioneer the recipe.
yeah for sure, we didn't pioneer it but we socialized it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-16-2021, 01:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toothed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't buy that argument Jibartik. Wanna know why? Because our soft hand held asses didn't figure any of this shit out. The real paying players did back then the hard way. They had 10x more skill than any of us. "Live players just weren't doing it right" is a BS argument. They are the ones that paved the way for what we do here. Thousands and thousands of brains is better than a few thousands +some time added. We just use recycled cheese sauce. We didn't pioneer the recipe.
Yeah. It's that cheep movie theater queso cheese and cardboard nachos. It's great. Don't get me wrong I want starwars 27 in the theatre.

But I was there when queso was first invented and accepted. It was bad ass.

Charming in p99 is absolutely retarded bullshit and if you think it's "fine" classic, or appropriately challenging.

We probably can't be close intimate friends irl. Lol.
Old 06-16-2021, 01:46 PM
Planar Protector

starkind you and I meditate on the same wavelength that only .01% of the earth has discovered.

if you resonate hard enough you'll see where I am coming from.

What we're feeling on p99 is tantamount to what any country feels before it collapses, the proletariat have become too bourgeois.
Old 06-16-2021, 01:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
starkind you and I meditate on the same wavelength that only .01% of the earth has discovered.

if you resonate hard enough you'll see where I am coming from.

What we're feeling on p99 is tantamount to what any country feels before it collapses, the proletariat have become too bourgeois.
I'm just having fun and you're a great sport [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-16-2021, 01:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
+1

I always think it's surreal when people just try to convince themselves that players 20 years ago were bad. It was the other way around. You didn't just join a group and go AFK. Mother fuckers would straight up kick your ass out, and even if you joined a group and didn't go AFK, people would invite other players who had better gear than you (especially if you were a melee) or invite other players who were flat out better than you are.

Being a good puller was a huge fucking deal in a version of the game where pull stealing was completely legal and common practice. A good puller meant the difference between having unlimited mobs and not having enough mobs. On P99 over 75% of melees are too pussified and scared to pull.

Real Everquest had millions of people playing it and competing against each other. You ended up with the best players at the top.

P99 = a bunch of low functioning people who likely only play this game because it's F2P and literally the least ambitious and skilled players of anyone I've ever met in an online gaming community.

Like on TLP legit 99% of the people I meet play OverWatch, Apex Legends, Valheim, League of Legends, and even The Burning Crusade etc. I doubt very seriously any of these P99 boomers could play any of those games due to the speed and mechanical skill involved.
Old 06-16-2021, 01:55 PM
Planar Protector

dont +1 that, that was a missunderstasnding of my point.

I wasnt saying that live players are bad, Im saying our wiki is so perfect that they use it.

And that wiki makes the average player here, way to good, way better than they have been in 20 years, and way better than they would be in another 20.

So you see tons of chanters doing what you would only see a few, had the knowledge remained as secret as all the other knowledge that keeps the top players/guilds on top.
Old 06-16-2021, 01:56 PM
Banned

Ppl should need to submit video evidence of themselves personally beating ashzara on mythic in era b4 nzoth. b4 joining or getting a guild tag lawl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

99.99% of the players here would die.
Old 06-16-2021, 01:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean the fact that live players use p99's wiki should indicate that

WHAT WE DO HERE IS MORE POWERFUL THAN WHAT ANYONE DID ON LIVE, EVER.

This is why we charm with great power here.

We know too much.
Ok Jib, so let's take a simple example. When my Druid was in his teens here on P99, I took him out to South Karana, where I proceeded to charm some elephants and make them fight each other. I knew nothing about charming, except the very basics of how it works (ie. cast charm to get a pet, cast invis on yourself to lose the pet, and then the usual rules about when pets take XP). I'm pretty sure live people knew those basics too, and knowing only that (with no Goblin ring), I was quickly getting noticeably more XP than I could earn root/rotting.

Now, South Karana was a popular destination on live too (more popular than here in fact). It had elephants too, and mechanically they were probably the same as the ones we have (modulo their exact spawn points). So IF our emulator was truly the same as live ... that would mean live Druids could also have done the exact same thing: charmed for faster XP, without a ring or any special tech, or even any knowledge whatsoever except how two spells on their list worked, and how pets worked,

But they didn't! Again, 20 root/rot guides vs. 1 charm guide ... long after the classic era. The vast majority of Druids weren't charming on live ... even though (again, IF our emulation is correct) they should have been able to do so, and would have gotten much better XP if they did.

Either the vast majority of live Druids ignored a way to get faster XP, a way that only required using two spells on their list and no real special knowledge ... OR, our emulator isn't accurate.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-16-2021, 02:02 PM
Planar Protector

Here's a tip, go find some chat logs about it from 2000 instead of telling me a campfire story about how you think the earth is flat.
Closed Thread