Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2021, 10:21 PM
Aviak

Default Bard AOE mez

Can anyone give some insight into how bard aoe mez works on green? I’m 15 and can stop entire trains with it now but I see a lot of conflicting info online about how it works past 25.
Old 09-06-2021, 02:21 AM
Planar Protector

It's perhaps the only spell/song in EverQuest that actually gets worse as you level up. It actually works less and less the higher level you are. It will be fully replaced by the level 28 mez song Crission's Pixie Strike. I confess I haven't tested the AE mez one much, because as soon as I got the single-target one, I greatly preferred using it.

Only-having-AE-mez sucks. You mez everything and then the group attacks one mob and of course it goes for you because mez spells are high aggro. You take damage before the tank can get it off you. Then, in order to keep the other mobs mezzed, you sing the AE mez song again. That also re-mezzes the current target, which is being hit, so the mez is instantly broken and now it hates you again. It goes back to hitting you. The mob finally dies. Then the group breaks your next mez, but you've mezzed that one even more. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I guess if you're tanking anyway, and/or if the mobs aren't wrecking you due to relative level or good gear, it's fine.

Single-target mez is far more usable. You can continue to twist in other songs if you're only mezzing one or two. You can also leave your mez running on one mob while meleeing a different mob. If you're feeling like playing with BOTH hands, you can melee Mob B a bit, target mob A and hit it with a mez, then start twisting other songs, target Mob B and resume meleeing...you get the idea.
Old 09-07-2021, 06:27 PM
Sarnak

Pretty sure there's a level cap on the AoE mez that's like level 25 or something. Completely worthless beyond that.
Old 09-07-2021, 06:38 PM
Planar Protector

This is actually an interesting story, saw people talking about it's history on takp.

tldr
bard got ae mez but it's check chance was bad so people complained (back in the day)
later in luclin or pop it was changed to single target and has some reliability.

It's not in a great state classic-velious.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Closed Thread