Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 02-19-2022, 06:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18120 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Vanq still super mad they got caught cheating.
I don't represent any guild in this discussion, just a passionate player with the best interests of all in game.

Unchainedfury <Vanquish>
Old 02-19-2022, 10:26 AM
Banned

P99 Book 4: Chapter 9, section 2b: The Betrayal
Old 02-19-2022, 11:37 AM
Fire Giant

First: OP - I appreciate how thoughtfully and calmly you laid our your position. It's clear that it's not a rant, but rather a carefully considered suggestion.

I haven't done a ton of competitive raiding, though I have done some, so I don't have the same amount of skin in the game as Vanquish or Riot members, but I think the changes are good.

I don't see the problem with just 3 major raid targets going to random. I think what the top guilds haven't considered much is the Ex Astra, TSS, and Aegis types of guilds; guilds that are very capable, but not to the extent of being able to have 50-100 members on char select parked on multiple targets 16 hours at a time. I think it makes sense to open up some of the targets to guilds like this so they can experience that part of the game too more frequently than onceish a year in the draft.

And the rolls will still heavily favor the large raiding guilds; once targets get much out of guilds' prime time, they'll likely have to hang up the towel and hope for better luck next time. Or maybe they'll team up with another couple of guilds for the roll, which will still reduce the number of groups rolling and allow folks to meet new people on this very social game, which doesn't seem like a bad thing to me.

Also, soooo many raid targets are still not going to be /random. The top guilds can still have their fun on those!

Last but not least, with 3ish quakes a month we're probably looking at just 1 or 2 respawns going to random per month. That doesn't seem like too heavy of a price to me for the health of the server of the time of our volunteer GMs.
Old 02-19-2022, 12:09 PM
Sarnak

I quit reading after everyone rolls
Old 02-19-2022, 12:16 PM
Sarnak

Why not just over-saturate the raid scene and make all spawns with a 12 hour timer and double the loot?
people surely cant be raiding that hard for all their alts forever, right?

after 12 years the only solution not attempted is to burn them out
Old 02-19-2022, 12:39 PM
Fire Giant

If only the tab jumpers, scripters, and all the rest hadn't got so overconfident they literally frapsed themselves doing it.
Old 02-19-2022, 02:20 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If only the tab jumpers, scripters, and all the rest hadn't got so overconfident they literally frapsed themselves doing it.
That is really what it had to come down to isn't it? Crazy right?

People complain that engagements can be cheated: GMs switch between coth rules and race rules 3-4 times, both of which can be cheated the same

Kickenit makes a video showing the engagements can be cheated and need to be changed: GMs ban him for submitting evidence the mechanics are exploitable

Joria makes a video showing how significant an outlier Stunninglys reaction time is to discredit it as statistically impossible: Sits on the GMs desk for months until its eventual dismissal

Stunninglys videos showing him describing how to write pixel detection and log reading scripts and then shows him using them in EQ as long as SIX YEARS AGO: GMs, no longer able to run interference for the obvious cheating that is going on, finally have their hands forced and remove 3 exploitable engagements while a dozen or so are left unchanged and vulnerable.

It is just a move to placate the masses, do damage control for the server image, and appeal to the box owners as 'hey see we are doing our job kinda.' The problem is that the uproar dies down when the masses are thrown a bone like a /random kael/dain. There are still vulnerable engages that are going to continue to be cheated, and the only thing that will stop the cheaters is if they submit video evidence of them cheating these specific engagements. Requiring that absurd level of proof in order to take action really makes you think about the motives of the current active GMs.
Old 02-19-2022, 03:00 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-20-2022, 10:25 AM
Kobold

This all sounds childish and stupid. Grow up and use a sign-up schedule like the servers on live did that weren't riddled with dipshits. Apparently there were only 2 servers back in the day that could function on a normal social spectrum. P99 = the most autistic MMO community there is.
Old 02-20-2022, 10:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliciousHalflings [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This all sounds childish and stupid. Grow up and use a sign-up schedule like the servers on live did that weren't riddled with dipshits. Apparently there were only 2 servers back in the day that could function on a normal social spectrum. P99 = the most autistic MMO community there is.
Using live as a benchmark is ridiculous unless we plan on matching their re-pop schedule.

Live servers reset every.single.Tuesday.

You knew when 7 day targets would be up and exactly when they would be up. 3/5 day targets were killed on a first come/first serve basis.

Quit suggesting these hybrid solutions for the sake of false classic memories. Either go full classic or go away.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.