Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 03-15-2022, 01:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have definitely said on coms KT is the best mob on the server because it has BIS for every class.
Yeah, I definitely remember Detoxx saying this back in the A/A days.
Old 03-15-2022, 01:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are in a guild of 500+ raiders who gobbles up every mob seconds after it spawns before other guilds can even log in enough of a force. That is the opposite of competition. If you want competition go create or join a smaller guild and make some competition!
^^
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 03-15-2022, 01:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are in a guild of 500+ raiders who gobbles up every mob seconds after it spawns before other guilds can even log in enough of a force. That is the opposite of competition. If you want competition go create or join a smaller guild and make some competition!
While I don't disagree in principle, I am not a leader. Due to my lengthy history with this game, I've been guilded with or against *most* raiders Leaders and playmakers are obviously incredibly valuable to a guilds success. But reliably support players are important to. Sometimes, simply *knowing your role* an focusing on being better at it, is *the* way to get BETTER.

In the case of Vanquish - Tawanda is a Leader. Furoar is a Raid Leader. Venice is a Playmaker. I am a Supporter. (these are 4 people chosen randomly for the purpose of explaining my point). All 4 of these people are equally important to a guilds shared success. If we were in a canoe, we'd all be paddling in the same direction.

As a supporter, I consider my most important roles to fulfill are - helping with ports and raid prep (moving idols and park toons), being good at most/all classes (flexibility), doing what I'm told by the Leaders, not trying to be one of the other 3 roles (well, anyone *can* be a playmaker at times), being reliable (for example, you need 1 bard for Fear, 2-4 Bards for PoG, 1-3 Encs for VS. If I park those, I show up immediately because the whole raid is dependent on it.) You get the idea.

I've been around for a bit in this game. Most guilds are pretty much the same outside of the leadership (everything BUT the support basically). I don't even speak on Voice, I will never be a leader.

But I'll always respect them. Despite the fact I've been lucky enough to be blessed to play with some of the best players ever in this game, I've always respected the leaders of the #2+ guilds greatly. In Awakened, I respected Detoxx. Early on, we decimated Aftermath with half the numbers. Some demoralizing stuff. One favorite example is they wiped to AoW with 100 or so people, we had 25 people waiting "just in case." Yeah, they wiped at 5% Triple pants. (I'll never forget this one cause my roommate at the time got pants for like 300 dkp from it).

But they never gave up. They focused on GETTING BETTER. Eventually, with an assist from Sirken, they overcame Awakened. Detoxx himself became a better leader and rehabbed his reputation. Now his legacy is secure. I respect that.

Riot's leadership is a mess. They are mostly Paradigm Shift guys who are resentful of members hailing from other guilds. I learned this the hard way. They didn't know me, and didn't like me from the start because of my origins. They ended up petitioning me for 2 boxing and bidding on an item using my brother's DKP. Anyone from Awakened would know this was silly, for numerous reasons, not the least of which being I can afford to buy plenty of them. But their yes-men leadership bought it because they'd never talked to me in their lives, they ran me off, and of course their petition was dismissed with prejudice. These types of charades damage everything about a guild, morale, reputation, etc. Eveything trickles down from leadership.

I do not like the current zerg meta. I do not like the current anti-competition meta. I want it changed. But we need raid rules that incentivize it.
Old 03-15-2022, 02:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Oh, one thing I forgot. When I first came back, there was no 3rd guild to join. But you reminded me of something. Shout out to TSS for killing Dain this week! This should boost morale a ton. They smoked him. If you kill Dain that cleanly you can beat everything without question in this game outside of the top tier bosses. (Vyemm, Tunare, etc.)

If I was in Riot or unguilded right now, I'd be very intrigued.
Old 03-15-2022, 02:47 AM
Fire Giant

Wait till you hear Venice’s thoughts on optimal furniture placement.
Old 03-15-2022, 05:20 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Furoar is a Raid Leader cheat.
FTFY
Old 03-15-2022, 06:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toryas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FTFY
Whether you think he's a cheater or not, it really can't be denied - Furoar is a phenomenal raid leader. I'd put him up there with Getsome as the best raid leader I've ever played with. He is incredibly calm under pressure, commands respect with his tone and demeanor, and his success speaks for itself.

I don't know the guy personally. We've literally spoken like twice. We've only been guilded together briefly. Despite all that, I've been thoroughly impressed at how well he is at leading raids. It's not an easy thing to do. It's a lot of added pressure, often for little or no gain aside from bonus headaches. But having a good raid leader is so incredibly valuable, you can have two exact same forces but just swap out the raid leader and one goes from amazing to terrible. From a slog to a blast. It's stark.
Old 03-15-2022, 09:04 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But that would eliminate 100s of man-hours per week needed to 'compete' and make it where normal people could reasonably play in the 'raid scene' (lol)
Hundreds? Thousands bruh.
Old 03-15-2022, 10:30 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
commands respect with his tone and demeanor.
Not sure if you're trolling?

There's a clip of him accusing someone of being an internet tough guy whilst simultaneously threatening to crack someone in the face so they would choke on their own teeth... Guy's unstable.
Old 03-15-2022, 10:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toryas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure if you're trolling?

There's a clip of him accusing someone of being an internet tough guy whilst simultaneously threatening to crack someone in the face so they would choke on their own teeth... Guy's unstable.
Got a link?