Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-17-2022, 11:33 PM
Kobold

I did finally manage to narrow down the PH and spawn Quillmane a few times today and got a cloak. The biggest issue with Quillmane hunting isn't that the PH can be any type of mob anywhere in the zone. The real problem I encountered and was able to figure out was that there are several other named cycles with the same type of PHs on the same 78 second timer. This includes Groi Gutblade, Synger Foxfyre, Gnawfang, High Shamans Grisok/Phido, Ren'rex and potentially Grizzleknot aswell. Groi and Synger always have a lion PH that spawns in the southern half of the zone. High Shamans have escaped splitpaw gnolls and possibly also lioness/mist wolf/shadow wolf? couldn't confirm that as I had Phido spawn relatively early and left him after that.

First thing we did when we got to the zone was pull and AOE down basically everything in the zone that wasn't a static or obvious non-PH. I had to keep killing 78 second respawns until all those named were up and leave them, eliminating those respawns as potential Quillmane PHs. This is difficult on green especially as theres still usually about a dozen lowbies in zone killing around KFC, Splitpaw, etc. Groi also dies to Aviaks and then you have new lions spawning again which is a PITA. If the zone is empty what you can do after your AOE pull is then pull the gnolls around splitpaw and AOE them down so they respawn after all the other trash in the zone, putting them at the top of the Track list. Reshuffling your ranger's track list is the key to finding quillmane.

Once you have AoE'd down the zone, all the 78 second timers will respawn first. Have your ranger run in a big circle around splitpaw hitting track and going and grabbing everything that respawn after 78 seconds but before the 6 minute respawns are spawning. You will find about 4-6ish of these spawns. Only one is the Quillmane PH. Hold those spawns and do not kill them till the entire zone is respawned. Then have your buddies (hopefully you aren't attempting this solo) pull all the gnolls around splitpaw and AOE those down. Once those respawn, then kill your pack of 78 second respawn timer mobs. Your track list is now properly sorted. As long as you don't leave the zone or relog the newer spawns will always be on top of the list just above the splitpaw gnolls. You will slowly filter out the other named cycles as eventually groi, synger foxfyre, etc all spawn. Leave them up. Eventually you will narrow it down to the quillmane PH.

Its not all over here though. The Quillmane PH can spawn seemingly anywhere in the zone and even max track ranger will not always see it immediately when it spawns. However, the quillmane PH does always eventually roam through the middle area of the map at some point not long after spawning, and if you keep running your wide circle around splitpaw when that spawn enters your track range it will be on top. It took me about 5 hours from zoning in, figuring this all out and spawning QM. She dropped cloak first kill and then legs both times after that.

The other thing I think was happening is that the "PHs" are still triggers, meaning QM will spawn immediately upon death of a trigger, and the PHs respawn timer will keep running even once QM is spawned. So even once QM is spawned you still need to keep your timer running from the last kill and the PH may be up again before QM is even dead (This is unconfirmed but 2 of the times I saw Quillmane I found her on track within 5 seconds of killing a "PH", and after the first kill lost track of the PH since I started a timer upon her death but couldn't find the PH respawn on track for over 5 minutes after she died, as I think it had already respawned before she died and I missed it.)