Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 04:35 PM
Aviak

As far as it existing in Classic and being fixed in Kunark...that very well may be. I distinctly remember it not blocking spells in the Kunark/Velious days, I used it a ton, but don't really have much classic experience with it.
Old 12-22-2010, 05:01 PM
Planar Protector

Ah, this issue again. No dev seems to have mentioned this despite there being a few posts about it. As well as damage shields not working when getting hit whilst runed.

I await patiently :3

I enchant things...
Old 12-22-2010, 07:54 PM
Fire Giant

Rune definitely blocked spells during Kunark and Velious..

Luclin I can't comment on as that is when I stopped playing
Old 12-23-2010, 10:38 AM
Aviak

I'm absolutely sure it always did, up until I quit in the OoW era. Problem is I'm having trouble finding evidence outside of mine and other people's recollections.
Old 12-23-2010, 10:44 AM
Planar Protector

Just going to throw this in there. Bards have a separate song for damage absorbing rune song and spell damage absorbing rune song. Not sure if that's any indication of anything...

I honestly can't remember if I ever used Rune to block spell damage... Also, I spent more time playing post-Luclin than I did pre-Luclin.
Old 12-23-2010, 11:28 AM
Planar Protector

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/s...tml?spell=1931

Quote:
Increase Absorb Damage by 16 (L1) to 796 (L53)
I know for a fact the wizard epic (Staff of the Four) was all about some absorbing spell damage. It says nothing about absorbing spell damage, as some of the other runes do, and I know spells exist that specifically absorb spell damage, but those I believe stacked with BoF.

I think it was LDoN that upon preordering my wizard was set back to level 50. I went on a Vox raid and never took any damage because I kept recasting my epic. It did wonders in ToV, as well. This spell hasn't changed much according to Lucy, just a bunch of unknown stuff (http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spellhist...31&source=Test)

Although that is a special rune, the regular ones that enchanters cast should absorb damage as well. Here's a raidstrat from The Syndicate:

http://www.llts.org/History.php?p=36VenrilSathir

Granted this is from 2001 but this specifically states runes were used to avoid the lifetap:

Quote:
2 were enchanters but due to the level differences only 1 could rune since the other couldnt overwrite theirs.
Quote:
Suddenly a rune missed and Lekne went from full health to dead in about 1 second.
Quote:
Vs bounced between Nyka and Udyo (the Secondary Assist) for a few seconds as the enchanters key runes up absorbing his LifeTap
Last edited by Aadill; 12-23-2010 at 11:33 AM..
Old 12-23-2010, 11:33 AM
Planar Protector

In fact, the runes were just there to prevent venril sathir from proc'ing his lifetap. They werent absorbing it per say.

Since runes here dont prevent procs -- its gonna be interesting fighting a mob that procs 1.5k lifetap every 3-4 hits
Old 12-23-2010, 11:35 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aadill [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/s...tml?spell=1931

I know for a fact the wizard epic (Staff of the Four) was all about some absorbing spell damage. It says nothing about absorbing spell damage, as some of the other runes do, and I know spells exist that specifically absorb spell damage, but those I believe stacked with BoF.
Yep, and the wizard epic was essentially a component free steelskin/diamondskin. That's why it was nice in classic zones in conjunction with a manastone. This is also why enchanters, wizards, necros, etc generally always kept a skin/rune up for PVP or encounters with AE direct damage effects (like TOV, which you mentioned).
Old 12-23-2010, 11:37 AM
Planar Protector

Yep, I was reading through some stuff (lost it now) but it said that necros don't gather the full hp potential of a lifetap if a mob is runed. It was either partial or it only took what the rune didn't cover, so it would still be possible to have VS's lifetap go through if the melee damage and proc happened in a fashion that out-damaged the rune. This makes the most sense as I do also recall having BoF disappear and be hit for some random number of points of damage (this of course was partially due to resists, but I was hit for <10 damage on multiple occasions). It would make sense that an unresisted 800 damage AE would cause 4 points of damage if you had BoF... I just can't recall a situation in which that occurred.

I'll look for that info again.. I JUST READ IT but closed the window after making my post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throb [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yep, and the wizard epic was essentially a component free steelskin/diamondskin. That's why it was nice in classic zones in conjunction with a manastone. This is also why enchanters, wizards, necros, etc generally always kept a skin/rune up for PVP or encounters with AE direct damage effects (like TOV, which you mentioned).
Yep! Kept every class not being watched for healing safe, or at least slowed down the rate that mana had to be wasted healing a caster that got nailed by an AoE.

Also, <3 Wizard Epic + Manastone <3
Old 12-23-2010, 11:59 AM
VIP / Contributor

You guys can stop arguing about it. It's a bug. It will be fixed when we release the next spells file.
Closed Thread