Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2020, 04:17 PM
Aviak

Default Iksar advice gearing

Hi all

So I've decided to crack on and level my shammy lizard after deciding not to reroll etc ...

Whilst killing skelles in kurn I was wondering gearing wise are there any good quests or spots that people know to get some gear together. I'm only lvl 18 so plenty of time. Are the scaled armour quests worth doing when get to lvl?

Anyway don't have much pp only a bit got together so anything that is questable or drop would be handy

Cheers all
Old 05-02-2020, 04:38 PM
Sarnak

Grinding for the arctic wyvern stuff might be better for you than the iksar racial stuff.
Old 05-02-2020, 05:07 PM
Fire Giant

The Iksar starting quests are the best starting quests in the game.
Old 05-02-2020, 05:34 PM
Planar Protector

Iksar armor quests aren't worth it mostly because it costs enough in gems to make that you can probably buy better armor for most slots for the same or less cost.

Other than that they are very fun and rewarding to do and make a great fashion quest set.
Old 05-03-2020, 05:40 AM
Planar Protector

My current strategy is to just equip whatever I find, maybe buy a decent weapon, and that will get you to the 40s. Things like raw-hide, rhino-hide, ringmail, ruined scale and so on are fine for that period.

From there you can pick up decent equipment from thurg quest armour, planar rots, kael arena, plate house (if applicable) growth clears, and drops (but now non-trash).

The sol ro / iksar quest stuff is good to do for fun, but if you just want to spend money (gems) on armour, you'd get a better deal trading with players.

In growth last night I saw a bard upgrade some ringmail pants to melodic greaves, so I can see I'm not the only one that follows this philosophy!

If you want a fun adventure and something cheap, try heading to Karnor's Castle to pick up some rotting Jar Sath scale armour, and maybe a supple scale wristband.
Last edited by Jimjam; 05-03-2020 at 05:45 AM..
Closed Thread