Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 08-21-2020, 05:41 PM
Kobold

Default P99 on a GPD Win2

Does anyone play on a GPD Win2? I'm thinking of getting one for this sole purpose, but I was wondering if anyone tech savvy could look at the specs on it and tell me if it would run well with the integrated graphics and such. Thanks
Old 08-21-2020, 07:32 PM
Planar Protector

I've looked into them and considered it. I don't believe they're worth $800. Yes it can run P99, but with the dynamic lighting changes I wouldn't expect it to handle raiding well. For that price point you can get something much better (albeit larger) with an actual discrete card.

There's always the option of using it to stream content from a system with more horsepower. Some people have played P99 from their smartphones this way - but then again $800? Personally, I'm waiting for these ultra-small systems to undergo another generation or two of development before picking one up. Alternatively, if Geforce Now or Google Stadia ever allow uploading and running games other than those purchased through Steam or Epic or Uplay or whatever then that's a much more attractive option.

-Mcoy
Old 08-21-2020, 07:37 PM
Planar Protector

For some context I have an old 10" Asus eeepc with a 1.6GHz Atom processor and 4gb of memory. I can log in and run around just fine nowadays, and in fact used to play p99 on it years ago, but you definitely notice it hanging a bit when other players are around and and I wouldn't want to try running through the EC tunnel on it.

-Mcoy