Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2016, 04:40 AM
Aviak

Default Looking for help to buy spell from hhk

I am a returned player since 2002, just start to play enchanter in High Elf. I get a problem to get to hhk to get my lv8 pet spell, since I don't have much resources, would there anyone can help please thanks
Old 02-07-2016, 07:02 AM
Sarnak

The pilgrimage to hhk is a right of passage for all young enchanters.
It is a trip which can be accomplished with the skills available to any lavel 8 chanter.
Either get a port to West Commonlands or make the trip to the docks in Butcherblock and sail to Freeport
Just make sure not to make the run thru Kitkicor until daylight.
Use the maps in the wiki to navigate. Bring enough plat to buy spells for the next few levels if possible.
Old 02-07-2016, 07:07 AM
Kobold

You don't even have to bring anything with you. If you're worried, bank ALL your gear and coin. Invis up and go. When you get there, there is a bank that you can pull your plat from to buy the spells.

During your run, get someone to bind you in the EC Tunnel in case you die so it's a shorter run back.

EDIT: Keep some water on you, in case you have a bad string of invis breaks and need to med.
Old 02-07-2016, 06:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiragawa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don't even have to bring anything with you. If you're worried, bank ALL your gear and coin. Invis up and go. When you get there, there is a bank that you can pull your plat from to buy the spells.

During your run, get someone to bind you in the EC Tunnel in case you die so it's a shorter run back.

EDIT: Keep some water on you, in case you have a bad string of invis breaks and need to med.
They can't bind you in EC. The closest bind point for you until you can bind yourself is in West Freeport.
Old 02-07-2016, 07:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlievox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They can't bind you in EC. The closest bind point for you until you can bind yourself is in West Freeport.
Actually, Rivervale is closer.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 02-07-2016, 11:17 PM
Kobold

Ah right, I forget that casters have to self cast it to bind anywhere.
Old 02-07-2016, 11:48 PM
Kobold

Been there done that :-). I would suggest what the others have said, bank everything you have minus some food/water and enough pp to pay for a port (at your level 3-5pp is pretty reasonable IMO) and make the run. Make sure you have maps available and DO NOT bind while making the trip unless you want to move to the Freeport area. If you die you are only out the food and water.

Also save up enough pp to buy up to like lvl 20 spells so you won't have to make the trip again very soon. If you are having a rough go of it just reply back here and I might be able to help (depending on your timezone and play schedule).
Old 02-09-2016, 03:18 PM
Large Rat

As above take at least 20pp for your first 2 pet spells at 8 and 12 and then invis and run. I made it from QH/WK zone to HHK on one invis at level 8, its not hard but you forget just how big WK is
Closed Thread