Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 08:33 AM
Sarnak

Default Paineel

Paineel has got to be the best starting zone. The yard is uncontested and the molar quest has rewarded me with 200pp before lvl 8. Just thought any new players who didn't know about this, should.
Old 02-09-2016, 09:27 AM
Planar Protector

I usually tend to recommend Gfay and surrounding zones (e.g. CB) as there are good camps with usually plenty of people to group with. You can make a lot of plats there too, over 1kpp by lvl20 pretty easily. Evil races tend to gravitate towards Kunark before lvl20, good opportunities there too, from OT and FoB/Kurn's etc.

Worst starting zone: Nectulos, unless you're an aspiring tailor.
Old 02-09-2016, 11:14 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywolf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Worst starting zone: Nectulos, unless you're an aspiring tailor.
Funny that you should mention that. I was broke and disappointed with Nek Forest & EC that I was ready to wander off to a different starting area (I was even thinking of rerolling my L6 DE). Just as I was walking up the ramp to leave Nariak, I saw a pair of players killing the DE guards. There were guard bodies everywhere and they weren't even bothering to loot. So as a new player, it was my duty to clean up the litter and after the effort, I walked away with 200pp. I did stick around 30 minutes cleaning up before they left.
Old 02-09-2016, 11:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecraft [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Funny that you should mention that. I was broke and disappointed with Nek Forest & EC that I was ready to wander off to a different starting area (I was even thinking of rerolling my L6 DE). Just as I was walking up the ramp to leave Nariak, I saw a pair of players killing the DE guards. There were guard bodies everywhere and they weren't even bothering to loot. So as a new player, it was my duty to clean up the litter and after the effort, I walked away with 200pp. I did stick around 30 minutes cleaning up before they left.
Yeah that's about the only thing to do there, kill guards and golems, have done that quite a bit, though not so much a starting activity.

I mean there are a few camps, for one or two people, but the majority of mobs will swarm you there, with little to no real loot. An obelisk camp that's interesting with it's four mobs, next to the EC zoneline. The wizzy teleport, some spawn but mob level varies a bit much. Best thing is hit the newbie area for some levels and work your way over to Befallen as you can, there's that at least.
Last edited by Daywolf; 02-09-2016 at 11:40 AM..
Old 02-09-2016, 11:34 AM
Kobold

Paineel is a fantastic starting zone, IF you're looking to solo. If you're able to zip through the yard and then break into the Warrens with ease by yourself, yeah, you can rack up a ton of plat and easy exp.

But grouping up and tearing through some of the other starter zones with friends can make things go a lot quicker.

That being said, I <3 Paineel
Old 02-09-2016, 02:35 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywolf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah that's about the only thing to do there, kill guards and golems, have done that quite a bit, though not so much a starting activity.

I mean there are a few camps, for one or two people, but the majority of mobs will swarm you there, with little to no real loot. An obelisk camp that's interesting with it's four mobs, next to the EC zoneline. The wizzy teleport, some spawn but mob level varies a bit much. Best thing is hit the newbie area for some levels and work your way over to Befallen as you can, there's that at least.
I tried solo camping the halflings at the Haunted Ruins at Nek, but there are 5 all bunched up together at the ruins itself. A bit to the north-east, there are 4 halflings spread out in a picket line who are pullable with Lull, but there are so many wandering skeleton mobs which will disturb you while medding. There also seems to be a higher level halfling that patrols that whole area too (it took the 2 NE guards at the bridge about 8 seconds to kill this mob). Nothing but aggro central. I love P99, but I also like what Nek looks later on in the current live.

With the Enchanter's Human illusion, do you think I can make it through Qeynos > Erud's Crossing > Erudin > Toxxulia Forest? I want to get from L.6 to L.8 so I can begin the Stein of Moggok quest. Then I'll probably head to Blackburrow and work on Qeynos faction.
Old 02-09-2016, 02:43 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecraft [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I tried solo camping the halflings at the Haunted Ruins at Nek, but there are 5 all bunched up together at the ruins itself. A bit to the north-east, there are 4 halflings spread out in a picket line who are pullable with Lull, but there are so many wandering skeleton mobs which will disturb you while medding. There also seems to be a higher level halfling that patrols that whole area too (it took the 2 NE guards at the bridge about 8 seconds to kill this mob). Nothing but aggro central. I love P99, but I also like what Nek looks later on in the current live.

With the Enchanter's Human illusion, do you think I can make it through Qeynos > Erud's Crossing > Erudin > Toxxulia Forest? I want to get from L.6 to L.8 so I can begin the Stein of Moggok quest. Then I'll probably head to Blackburrow and work on Qeynos faction.
If you're agnostic, you can pretty much go anywhere you want with your illusions. Just be mindful of pathing guards near zone lines, since you need to recast your illusion on the other side. You can also utilize Invis.
Old 02-09-2016, 03:02 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiragawa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're agnostic, you can pretty much go anywhere you want with your illusions. Just be mindful of pathing guards near zone lines, since you need to recast your illusion on the other side. You can also utilize Invis.
Now are the guards at the Freeport Caster guild different? I attempted to walk to the caster guild with my agnostic DE in human illusion form. They instantly aggroed on me the moment that I walked the corner.
Old 02-09-2016, 07:58 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I arrived at Toxx and I'm really enjoying the zone.
Old 02-09-2016, 08:54 PM
Aviak

Personally I think Toxxulia is by far the worst starting area. At level 1 you'll find aggressive red mobs within short viewing distance of the guards, even. Nektulos has the newbie log area with super fast respawn of level appropriate mobs and tons of spiders, whose silks are valuable. Paineel is good, especially now with the Warrens. Really only Toxxulia, Feerrott and Innothule are lousy starting locations.
Closed Thread