Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2018, 11:31 PM
Banned

I disagree. This is a great thing to be buckling down on right now. When Green comes, I don't want my immersion ruined. How exactly does Detoxx violate naming convention? Plus let me know if he belongs on the List
Old 02-11-2018, 11:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I disagree. This is a great thing to be buckling down on right now. When Green comes, I don't want my immersion ruined. How exactly does Detoxx violate naming convention? Plus let me know if he belongs on the List
Detox'ing is a common term used for abstaining from drugs to achieve homeostasis. I guess you could argue drug-use exists with alcohol consumption, which exists in EverQuest.. You may have a point. However, you could also argue Winchester could be a fantasy name and have no relation to a rifle whatsoever.

But it's that last bullet point that really is the only thing that matters:
Quote:
Above all else, you may not choose character or guild name which, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Project 1999 Customer Service Staff, is deemed to be offensive or improper.
Old 02-11-2018, 11:44 PM
Kobold

Such wasted energy. A baby died in Baler tonight from lack of medical services that could have been covered by RMT. #justiceforBaler
Old 02-11-2018, 11:49 PM
Sarnak

LOL. Midrange (bard... because the midrange is where it's at... not the low range, and not the high...) ended up on Baler's list, but not Docturr Greenthumb, my druid (which, contrary to popular belief wasn't named specifically for the Cypress Hill song, but more along the line of druids being plant doctors, and "Green thumb" signifying affinity for growing plants. Btw, if someone would come off the name "Azer", I'd be more than willing to let the GM's change Docturr to my live Druids' name, which was Azer Stormseeker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-12-2018, 12:01 AM
Planar Protector

Just received a PM from someone who lost their name and they blame me. I'm not staff don't shake your fist at me. It's like getting a speeding ticket from a cop and blaming the guy you passed who was driving the speed limit.

@Midrange - a lot of the names I put on that list from 2016 were people I spotted in EC or were level 59/60.

It's nothing personal.

Cambiant is almost my biggest fan right behind lhancelot. Look out Lhance you got competition for my attention.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 02-12-2018, 12:29 AM
Kobold

1/10 as many posts tonight as opposed to last night for you, Baler thief of real life culture. Feeling the heat? Kiss your beloved character name goodnight and welcome Plutrien with the rising sun as a cleansed member of the community.
Old 02-12-2018, 12:50 AM
Kobold

the real question: do foxes exist in EQ lore?
Old 02-12-2018, 01:19 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It seems that Yoink1986 was upset about this topic even back in 2016. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is why Yoink1986 is so upset/scared about all of this Baler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoink1986 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Retllon’s the name and EQs my game!
http://wiki.project1999.com/Retlon_Brenclog

He is Retllon Brenclog<Paradigm Shift>

Dude is literally a gnome magician named almost the exact same name as an NPC gnome magician in one of the most well known noobie zones in the game!
Old 02-12-2018, 01:26 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by aMindAmok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I notice nobody dares go after the big names like Detoxx. I smell favoritism. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree 110% , in addition, let us not forget about Breaken Bad<Awakened>

Let no one be above the law!! Keep Project 1999 immersed in its fanatasy world!
Old 02-12-2018, 01:31 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcelona [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree 110% , in addition, let us not forget about Breaken Bad<Awakened>
Cmon now...we've got bigger fish to fry such as Winchester and Stockbroker... Breaken Bad is just trivial...right? RIGHT? I mean when I logged on to start my name purges, I didn't even THINK of Breaken Bad, my sights were aimed dead on Winchester Supernatural!! People like that can ruin their own lands but they will NOT ruin mine!