Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 11:33 AM
Aviak

Default Solo grind suggestions for mid teens (level, not age)

Howdy yall! So I am thoroughly enjoying reliving my 20's by rocking P99, so thanks for that! I typically play 2 hours or so at night and grouping doesn't cater well to limited time. I have been solo so far (16 now) and have outgrown CB, unless I group. It seems that the sisters camp in LFay is the hottest solo camp for my current level on this continent and is never open when I play. Can ya recommend another good solo spot for a mid teen cleric to solo? Unrest yard trask is okay until trains run you out, which happens more often than not. Eventually I will have to group, but I enjoy the challenge of soloing. Anyway, thanks for any suggestions. I greatly appreciate it yall.

P.S. to Manatree... I have the rest of the MQ you need if you are still interested.

DORF POWA!!!
Old 10-04-2013, 11:42 AM
Sarnak

Most of the people who camp sisters are non-twinks. If they don't have harmony, they usually can't handle the spawn rate by themselves. I've usually found that if I ask if they'd like to group, they say yes. Some of my best p99 buds are people I met at this camp.

I think that bandits in WK are in that range and give great cash/exp through sash quest? They spawn in small, dense groups though, so you should bring a partner, preferably one with some cc.

solo is no go if you want fun and fast leveling
Old 10-04-2013, 12:00 PM
Sarnak

Kurns. A bit of a pain to get to, but all undead (bar the Burynai - which if you never kill any will not be kos) so no runners + amazing ZEM. It's a clerics paradise.
Old 10-04-2013, 12:03 PM
Planar Protector

Sisters is absolute dogshit XP, but good money. If making a few hundred 100pp but only getting 20% of your level per hour spent grinding is your thing, go for it 'till 18.

Unrest yard trash is good for 10-15, but is 90% light blue by level 16 and pretty bad XP (even with the ZEM).
Old 10-04-2013, 12:31 PM
Planar Protector

The Per Level Hunting Guide I recently started on the wiki has a number of suggestions for lower levels. It's a work in progress, which means that it's far from complete (so if anyone out there wants to add to it please do), and some places (eg. Kurn's Tower, Erud's Crossing) only mention a single level when they actually can be hunted for several levels.

Even in it's current incomplete form though it does have a number of suggestions for soloing in your teens that you might find useful.
Old 10-04-2013, 12:35 PM
Aviak

Sounds like Kurns is the way to go then. How is the cash there? Fast leveling is cool, although not at the top of my list, but without the cash to buy my spells when available leveling us near useless. As a cleric I am dependant on getting my new spells to maintain both killing/surviving the mobs of appropriate level while I solo. I solo'd to mid 30's back in the day, mainly because I didn't have RL friends who played, before I found the joy of sitting on my a$$ in a group waiting to heal the dps that peel aggro from tanks, whilst trying not to get healing aggro myself. I don't expect to achieve half EM/Donal + click stick like back then, mostly just to have fun.

Thanks for the comments thus far, I appreciate the interaction with the community [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-04-2013, 12:41 PM
Orc

For pure XP you can always try Oasis crocs. Should be easy enough to solo and you can hop in and out of the pug group that's usually there on the beach. Working well for my 17 shammy atm.
Old 10-04-2013, 01:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengala [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like Kurns is the way to go then. How is the cash there?
Collect bone chips to sell. Occasionally, necros and faction questers will saunter on through FoB and buy these at 10pp a stack. Also, you'll occasionally see a skeleton drop rhino hide or burynai skin armor, or else a targ. Any of these will sell for over a platinum piece.
Old 10-04-2013, 02:17 PM
Kobold

I am basically in same situation with my 16th bard and 15th ranger being only able to play about an hour or so at a time. I've been soloing with the bard in Unrest but as mentioned, the yard trash is now mostly light blue. I still get just under 1% per kill, but it's a grind. I may move him to Erud's Crossings or WK for the bandits. Or try AE kiting in WK or NK, but I suck at it.

As for the ranger, I have no idea where to solo. Tried the sisters camp many times but it was always camped. I am thinking to going to Kurn's since I need to get some spiderling silks for tailoring in FoB anyway.
Old 10-04-2013, 02:23 PM
Planar Protector

Erud's Crossing killing the kerrans ([You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]) is underrated, but not hard to get to if someone can port you to Tox...and they're easy kills for their level.
Closed Thread