Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: How smart is magnetaress?
like really smart 2 10.00%
sorta smart 2 10.00%
not so smart 2 10.00%
REEEEEEEEEEEE! 5 25.00%
Over 9000 1 5.00%
73 4 20.00%
Micronukes vaporize steal. 4 20.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2021, 11:38 PM
Kobold

That and IQ tests do not contribute to institutional racism, socioeconomic factors, etc. You can’t expect a child from the hood to test the same way a child from the burbs will. Nobody IQ tests anymore for this reason. Intelligence and how to measure it has been a controversial subject for a long time.
Old 01-05-2021, 12:18 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah. You're obviously right.

This is what triggered me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're operating on conspiracy theories from your 65 year old mother

You haven't broke 80
Mead does have a point tho. Its just the way he sorta said it.

People banter about their intellect a lot on here.

Hence my desire to not use standard numbers and be more subjective.

I feel like I am really perceptive, conscientious, spatial, and emotional.

Horrible memory, number, pattern recognition. Bad/slow at parsing. Struggle really hard with grammar. And making certain sounds. But I do ok to pass as avg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassawary [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ham & eggs w/toast

I'm like ham, egg, cheese. But like that fancy almost prosciutto shreddy ham. And a sharp cheddar. Not like an American or anything to sweet.

Shredded. And melted on the outside of a soft scramble.

Hash browns but not like fried, just in some butter. I'll do the toast later.
Last edited by magnetaress; 01-05-2021 at 12:34 AM..
Old 01-05-2021, 01:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsnowls [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That and IQ tests do not contribute to institutional racism, socioeconomic factors, etc. You can’t expect a child from the hood to test the same way a child from the burbs will. Nobody IQ tests anymore for this reason. Intelligence and how to measure it has been a controversial subject for a long time.
Sorry not trying to start a political discussion or point you out. Some things in life sound good but once implemented do start destroying things. I don't know much of the subject or if it exists still, but when I hear about not having equal funding for school it doesn't sound right. Ehh /shrugs. Maybe if people from the suburbs were royalty. But ehh... I still think a school should just be paid the same as other schools.
Old 01-05-2021, 01:10 AM
Fire Giant

187 IQ confirmed

A t t e n t i o n W h o r e
1+20+20+5+14+20+9+15+14+23+8+15+18+5 = 187
Old 01-05-2021, 01:16 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ret.SaxonAlex [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry not trying to start a political discussion or point you out. Some things in life sound good but once implemented do start destroying things. I don't know much of the subject or if it exists still, but when I hear about not having equal funding for school it doesn't sound right. Ehh /shrugs. Maybe if people from the suburbs were royalty. But ehh... I still think a school should just be paid the same as other schools.
It’s hard to justify paying every single school the same amount when you have over 95% of the student population in some schools enrolled in free lunches and when that same school’s buses drop kids off at homeless shelters. The primary issue is with the way we pay for our schools via property taxes. The federal government helps some, but not much (around 10%). It really sucks, and politicians never talk about the way we fund our schools. It’s always some stupid performance based program based on test scores to get funding (no child, Obama’s race to the top).
Old 01-05-2021, 01:46 AM
Banned

IQ tests work fine and are self-contained. I don't really get why people say they are very cultural. If the person has taken paper tests in any format and can read, the cultural overlap is sufficient for the person to process the self-contained logic problems. The test can't single out differences in attention span and whatnot (ie a genius warrior athlete might be unable to execute on an IQ test at a genius level), but assuming basic literacy requirements are fulfilled, the IQ test accurately reflects a very broad & relevant part of what intellect is. The ability of a person to abstract and resolve relationships in their head which are in-taken through written language.

I can say anecdotally that many I know with very high IQs I met thru Counter-Strike. At the high end of performance is a lot of crossover with analytical intelligence. So I would expect that warrior type ought to be able to perform well on the IQ test, even if true genius at rapid comprehension and reaction can't be tested very well that way. I guess that's what art, sports, commerce and military are for. But my personal experience comports with my instinct that a strong IQ reading indicates general competency at analytical tasks, which exist in everything to varying degrees, and at least correlates with speed and "clarity" of thought.

I bet even Mike Tyson is a 120+ IQ, if you could ever get him to sit earnestly for the test. And boxing is so fast and instinctual. You can tell the lights are on in there, tho. He's not just a physical specimen.

The fact that brown people perform poorly as a cohort is a very inconvenient truth. It's no excuse for prejudice, as their distribution overlaps broadly with our own population, but it is definitely there and measurable and could/would/maybe should affect population level policy, which hurts to reckon with. It is too complex for most people to integrate a worldview around, without becoming hateful beings. And thus we move away from the test.

IQ is real, though, even if it is very much imperfect at assessing the worth, or really any other quality but maybe... intensity, of an intelligence. The fact that Whites factor in lower than other races is proof enough that IQ discrimination is no good. Heck perhaps a group of people who are too smart tends to fray apart into mutiny. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] High IQ doesn't mean "good", and I think this conflation is where the fear of the reading and ultimately its discreditation comes from.

And no, I am not in this camp because my ego is tied up in my IQ reading. Never been tested. I just don't get tying oneself in knots to say that the ability to resolve logic problems from writing is meaningless in assessing cognitive capacity, just because some of the implications don't jive with our sense of fairness in birth. Life ain't fair. That particular continent's situation in all history ain't coincidence. But everyone born any color in the 21st century does have a shot at exceptional contributional genius and life stability, however bad the average immediately around them, so I think it's fair 'nuff. Surprisingly fair, frankly. And so why discount IQ.
Last edited by imperiouskitten; 01-05-2021 at 02:00 AM..
Old 01-05-2021, 02:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperiouskitten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Life ain't fair.
This we agree on.
Old 01-05-2021, 07:28 AM
Banned

This is more for me to say out loud

Especially due to theory, (Which I believe at this point, due to witnessing parts of my brain shut down and I still feel like I am really there.) that our brain has evolved to primarily be focused on consciousness. Which make sense because our brain probably wanted to survive getting hit in the head by a lion more than anything. I think the brain may just be more complicated than we think and often we think we thought a thought and its not real. Thus the illusion of character.

Which is annoying because then I may feel guilty for not doing something because I feel I could have when I could not have, and horrible people may hold it against me. Especially because my character and mind may be that of a child, where I have died inside along time ago but I am in denial, so my brain may tell me things are ok when they are not. Thus the ability to create motivation is long dead but I believe everything is fine, thus leading to the illusion that I may have been "Lazy".

I also think there is a thing called male depression. (Must I say its a theory? No more thinking or correcting typing please.) Where my male brain may be designed to be a warrior and not feel suffering in which others would suffer immensely.

Edit: i already have to edit because the phrase character in the first and second paragraph are from different subjects. or so my short term memory tells me, as I dont want want to reread it. so maybe it wasn't

my brain needs to veg out.

The wash machine, close in. soaped. Need to store because potatoes. *Brain off for 1,000 years*

especially because I think antifa is on the wrong part of my brain. so learning my lesson from playing natural selection two. if you cant hit the skulks by aiming at them, then try not aiming. thus the theory of not real "force" (star wars) in combat, and then using the force to try to listen to the wrong (other/dead) brain department, which i guessed was my subconcious organizer, and then trying to communicate back, because they are on the wrong brain channel
Last edited by Ret.SaxonAlex; 01-05-2021 at 07:45 AM..
Old 01-05-2021, 08:14 AM
Banned

building 7 never forget
Old 01-05-2021, 10:57 AM
Planar Protector

Measuring intelligence as an abstraction is the 9th type of liberalism.

Intelligence is what you do.
Closed Thread