Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 03:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castigate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Before Chardok AoE, almost no one ever went there, if Chardok AoE stopped, groups wouldn't magically start going there.
On live, my first guild did grind groups there frequently. There was usually 1 or 2 other groups there at a maximum... It was... awesome. I was one of the first people to get a Sarnak Skullsplitter. Got lots of tells from inquisitive people.

Having a dead zone where you could go do a genuine crawl unperturbed by the yahoos of the more popular zones = totally classic.

Yes the mystery and magic is gone - but we can still emulate. That's the point - not to grind out as many 60's as we possibly can.
Old 01-24-2014, 03:53 PM
Aviak

Meh, just my opinion. To me it doesn't matter if you have 9 lvl 60s, the fact that you are in essence saying (I can't handle this, somebody help me, heres some money) = Copping out. You are the one choosing to have multiple alts, And you are also the one choosing that you can't handle the grind again. I can understand the mentality, but I do not support it.
Old 01-24-2014, 03:58 PM
Fire Giant

the pay for proxy slot in chardok is a fairly recent phenomenon that really seems to have come about with the raid ban and recent activity etc. people who can't afford it think its a ridiculous price (which it is) and people who can afford it are like eh, whatever i just want a 7th lvl 60 toon.

if you're not rich you think 200k for a porsche is absurd, but if can really afford one you can afford 5 of them (and not give a single fuck) the odds are if you're that rich you've fucked over people in the process (much like RMTers/those who cockblock drops etc lol)

besides, with the AOE groups running you can just run deeper into the dungeon and get to the real juicy XP morsels without having to fight your way down =)
Last edited by Tuljin; 01-24-2014 at 04:01 PM..
Old 01-24-2014, 04:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuljin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the pay for proxy slot in chardok is a fairly recent phenomenon that really seems to have come about with the raid ban and recent activity etc. people who can't afford it think its a ridiculous price (which it is) and people who can afford it are like eh, whatever i just want a 7th lvl 60 toon.

if you're not rich you think 200k for a porsche is absurd, but if can really afford one you can afford 5 of them (and not give a single fuck) the odds are if you're that rich you've fucked over people in the process (much like RMTers/those who cockblock camps/ etc lol)

besides, with the AOE groups running you can just run deeper into the dungeon and get to the real juicy XP morsels without having to fight your way down =)
If only it worked like that; usually half their train bugs and comes for your group, agro is fucked down there, then both groups die and the aoe grp starts spamming everyone to gtfo they had the zone first
Old 01-24-2014, 04:07 PM
Planar Protector

From the Project 1999 Play Nice Policy - Server Rules and Expectations:

Quote:
You do not necessarily need to be at the spawn point to call it 'claimed' while it is uncontested, however, if someone else wishes to contest the 'camp' you do need to return to the 'camp' and maintain a presence at or very near the spawn(s) in order to hold it. You cannot hold multiple 'camps' if another group wishes to contest one that you are holding. The player holding multiple 'camps' retains the right to choose which 'camp' to give up.
I don't believe AoE groups are any more "special" under the rules than any other group, and so that means they can really only hold one camp IF there are others in the zone contesting. They can take the camp of their choice, but just as you can't go to Guk and claim all the camps, the same applies in Chardok, regardless of whether the group is AoE or not.

Now, that's the rules lawer take on things. From what I've heard Chardok AoE groups are very accomodating, and in practice they will let normal groups have camps, so this likely won't even be necessary. But if an AoE group did claim that the whole zone is their's I'd tell them to suck it; the server rules don't go out the window just because your group can AoE.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:08 PM
Sarnak

All im hearing is abunch of whiny kids in this thread
Old 01-24-2014, 04:08 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

without banning the toxic players, this shit will never stop.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by EQsale [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All im hearing is abunch of whiny kids in this thread
EQsale you got any chardok pipes for sale ?

lawl toxic shithead
Old 01-24-2014, 04:11 PM
Planar Protector

Not sure why AEing Chardok is "toxic" or especially bannable. Shit is classic, and was really popular in Luclin as a common method to grind AAs.

There was even a post on the LoS website at the beginning of Luclin about groups AEing Chardok, Seb, and other places.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If only it worked like that; usually half their train bugs and comes for your group, agro is fucked down there, then both groups die and the aoe grp starts spamming everyone to gtfo they had the zone first
If someone trains you, it's their bad, and if they keep it up the GMs can deal with them; that's true of every other zone, shouldn't be any less true in Chardok.
Closed Thread