Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2019, 06:22 PM
Sarnak

Default Early magical weapons?

Any good quests or mobs that drop magical weapons at lower levels? I heard of a quest in surf all glade and a doable mob in unrest, blade fiend or something that drops 2 basic magical( no stats) weapons. I’m sure those will be hot items for everyone early on. Can’t hurt to start planing now!
Old 09-19-2019, 06:31 PM
Fire Giant

Summoned: Snake Fang lol
Old 09-19-2019, 06:35 PM
Planar Protector

Langseax / Langseax of the wolves
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Last edited by aaezil; 09-19-2019 at 06:49 PM..
Old 09-19-2019, 06:49 PM
Planar Protector

How early? Most folks who melee will want a magic weapon by the teens for fighting things like wisps or ghouls.

For the Qeynos and associated region, prior to level 10:

Barbarian shaman can do initiate symbol of the tribunal, for summoned hammer of wrath.
Cleric gets hammer of wrath as a spell at level 9.
Jaggedpine Crook is Ranger/Druid usable and questable out of Surefall by level 6-7.
Shining Star of Light for Paladin/Cleric is potentially doable around level 10ish if the player is familiar with the quest and doesn't mind a lot of running around.
Monks can kill the frogloks in qeynos catacombs until mesh gloves drop.
Magicians can summon daggers (1H piercing) right away at level 1 as soon as they can afford the spell.
Clerics and Paladins can probably obtain the Thunder Staff by level 10 or so, and later in the teens the Bonethunder Staff.

By the early/mid teens most anyone should be able to afford Combine weapons. They're sold at the various Gypsy camps throughout the world and have ratios equivalent to fine steel weapons but count as magic. I'm most familiar with the quests/etc out of the Qeynos area (most my characters tend to start from there) but Combine weapons are available to all, so those are an option if nothing else seems available.

Danth
Old 09-19-2019, 06:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How early? Most folks who melee will want a magic weapon by the teens for fighting things like wisps or ghouls.

For the Qeynos and associated region, prior to level 10:

Barbarian shaman can do initiate symbol of the tribunal, for summoned hammer of wrath.
Cleric gets hammer of wrath as a spell at level 9.
Jaggedpine Crook is Ranger/Druid usable and questable out of Surefall by level 6-7.
Shining Star of Light for Paladin/Cleric is potentially doable around level 10ish if the player is familiar with the quest and doesn't mind a lot of running around.
Monks can kill the frogloks in qeynos catacombs until mesh gloves drop.
Magicians can summon daggers (1H piercing) right away at level 1 as soon as they can afford the spell.
Clerics and Paladins can probably obtain the Thunder Staff by level 10 or so, and later in the teens the Bonethunder Staff.

By the early/mid teens most anyone should be able to afford Combine weapons. They're sold at the various Gypsy camps throughout the world and have ratios equivalent to fine steel weapons but count as magic. I'm most familiar with the quests/etc out of the Qeynos area (most my characters tend to start from there) but Combine weapons are available to all, so those are an option if nothing else seems available.

Danth
Nice info, I totally forgot about the combine weapons. Guess if I make a warrior that’ll be the way to go. Also the PGT is a doable drop.
Cheers!
Old 09-19-2019, 07:37 PM
Sarnak

For Faydwer, you're probably looking at Dragoon Dirk, Screaming Mace, Gladius and Pugius.
Old 09-19-2019, 07:58 PM
Planar Protector

Here is some of the items I know, they go from easily obtainable to more difficult sans Crookstinger or boner spear is just going to be blind luck if you get one of those.

5+
Trumpy Heads Quest
We Harvester
Jaggad Pine Crook
Shining Star of Light
Screaming Mace
Pugius
Gladius

15+
Polished Granite Tomahawk
Runed Totem Staff
Thunder Staff
Riptide Spear
Bone Spear
Mystical Claws of Jojo
Crookstinger

20+
Langseax/Langseax of the Wolves
Bone Bladed Claymore
Blackened Iron Bastard Sword
Shiny Brass Halberd
Barbed Leather Whip
Grobb Cleaver

Basically everything else will require 25+
Old 09-19-2019, 08:30 PM
Large Bat

How do Monk fists work in this regard?
Old 09-19-2019, 08:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBIII [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How do Monk fists work in this regard?
Level 30
Old 09-20-2019, 05:47 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here is some of the items I know, they go from easily obtainable to more difficult sans Crookstinger or boner spear is just going to be blind luck if you get one of those.

5+
Trumpy Heads Quest
We Harvester
Jaggad Pine Crook
Shining Star of Light
Screaming Mace
Pugius
Gladius

15+
Polished Granite Tomahawk
Runed Totem Staff
Thunder Staff