Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2019, 10:57 AM
Sarnak

I think it's a perspective issue.

Of *course* OP is farming out effort for skillups. It's an enlightened self-interest type move.

However, banded doesn't exist on a brand new server without players to make it. So instead of skilling up on your own time and selling it when it's in demand, OP's just farming it out at a reduced cost.

The materials are definitely cheaper than 1pp/AC. Even at my crappy 62CHA they were in Cabilis.

If you don't like the scheme, don't participate. If people don't participate, the scheme will fall over, and OP will go back to skilling up himself and doing the 1pp/AC route...but economics will say that some people will be happy to pay 2pp/AC, if there's only one game in town. At least for a short while until competition skills up.
Old 09-06-2019, 02:03 PM
Planar Protector

I've raised blacksmithing to a level where I was able brute force out a suit of armour for only 100pp TWICE in the past (and that includes the cost of the armor I made).

On Green it will last you to Kunark.

Honestly, armour is the best armour in the game all things considered (decent AC, many classes can use it, tailor made to fit the wearer, cheap to train, cheap to make, availability of components etc).

Note there are a few pieces where it is worth taking 'reinforced' leather instead. IIRC it is the collar, mask and boots. Same AC but less weight. Not as cheap/easy to make though.

Double check on wiki before taking my advice!
Old 09-06-2019, 04:28 PM
Fire Giant

Guys, I'm not asking anyone to give me a single plat to skill up. I'm not going to post what type of assistance I do need because that gets into my overall strategy. Jimjam, thanks for noting that you can skill up to banded with only 100 plat. I can have this within three hours of server launch without anyone handing me a copper toward skill-ups. Is anyone else volunteering to sit there and click combines rather than level their character on day one of a new server?
Old 09-06-2019, 10:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by AenorVZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Guys, I'm not asking anyone to give me a single plat to skill up. I'm not going to post what type of assistance I do need because that gets into my overall strategy. Jimjam, thanks for noting that you can skill up to banded with only 100 plat. I can have this within three hours of server launch without anyone handing me a copper toward skill-ups. Is anyone else volunteering to sit there and click combines rather than level their character on day one of a new server?
Take it or leave it. I for one give props to the OP for his offer. Looking forward to Green's launch!
Old 09-06-2019, 10:48 PM
Fire Giant

Everyone posting in this thread thinks this dude is out for personal gain, everyone looking at the thread but not posting is going to send this dude a tell for almost free banded on day one. Guess which number is higher.
Old 09-06-2019, 11:34 PM
Sarnak

I'm kind of curious who will end up making plat the fastest. I have some ideas for how I might try to get 200 plat in the first few hours. I suspect they're not the same ideas, however.
Old 09-09-2019, 12:14 PM
Orc

AenorVZ. I remember when you hooked me up with banded and gave me a a couple items as well. It helped a ton and I ended up gifting the armor to help someone else once I had better.
Old 09-09-2019, 04:25 PM
Fire Giant

Awesome man.
Old 09-15-2019, 01:07 PM
Aviak

Default Im in

I know how cool this guy is ill help.
Old 09-15-2019, 07:11 PM
Fire Giant

Hit me with a dm and I'll share some plans with you.
Closed Thread