Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 07:31 AM
Sarnak

Default Merchants for Iksar

Hi folks,

I haven't seen a thread about this so thought we could start one. With the release of Kunark, we have seen the emergence of a new race which is KoS almost everywhere. However, I remeber there were a few merchants scattered in the world who would trade with the Iksars. Does anyone remember which one they are?

One side question, can I trade with any merchant once I get FD (not sure if right clicking the merchant won't cancel the feign death effect)?

Thanks,

Nagash/Petitpas
Old 04-13-2011, 07:41 AM
Planar Protector

I'm sure someone has a more extensive list, but here's a couple I know of. The obvious one that springs to mind is our good friend in EC... The Shady Swashbuckler. His friend Bubar on the wall is on a different faction, but he crucially sells water so he's worth checking.

If hunting in Oasis/NK, I'm sure the gypsies trade with everyone? If not, Murissa Sandwhisper (or similar name) in North Ro in a small building near the Freeport ZL inn trades with Dark Elves, which is odd. Might mean she'll trade with lizards too.

Not so familiar with Odus or the Qeynos/Halas area but as a troll, even with warmly after some CB action I couldn't get any Kelethin or Felwithe merchants to sell to me and Felwithe particularly I was still kos to their paladin/cleric guild. Something to be careful of. Same problem in Kaladim, still dubious among the vendors and kos with certain elements.

Would be great to get a comprehensive list for lizards on here, I'm sure there's people who really know their stuff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-13-2011, 08:18 AM
Sarnak

Ugh, go back to Kunark you stupid dinosaurs!

I'm just taking guesses here but...

I believe the sewers in Qeynos used to have Iksar friendly merchants.

How about Paineel on Odus?

There's a merchant in Dagnor's Cauldron that used to sell to evil necromancers so I imagine that he'll sell to Iksars as well.

Oh, and don't forget all of the druid rings. They *should* sell to iksars.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Ingrum Irontoe
Retired Warlord of Brell
"Yeah, I'm kind of a big deal..."
Old 04-13-2011, 08:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingrum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

There's a merchant in Dagnor's Cauldron that used to sell to evil necromancers so I imagine that he'll sell to Iksars as well.

Oh, and don't forget all of the druid rings. They *should* sell to iksars.
I know for trolls, I was KOS to the NPCs standing around the vendor there so you might want to make sure they green out before attempting, which is probably after Unrest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

As for the druid rings, I keep getting camo'd every time I get a port to WC as a troll. Do druids know something I don't? Us CT worshippers aren't too well liked [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-13-2011, 08:25 AM
Sarnak

You're probably right sir! Then again... the only things that smell worse than Iksars are Trolls and Ogres so I'm not surprised.

Some proper googling would fix this. However, I'm far too lazy at the moment to do so.

Ingrum Irontoe
Retired Warlord of Brell
"Yeah, I'm kind of a big deal..."
Old 04-13-2011, 08:33 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi folks,

One side question, can I trade with any merchant once I get FD (not sure if right clicking the merchant won't cancel the feign death effect)?
You can bank and you can turn in quests (assuming you don't need aimable+ faction) while FD, you cannot buy and sell.

As a Gnome Necro I have successfully banked in KoS cities...getting up and out is painful though. Bankers hit hard.

I've also done multiple pieces of the Ivy Etched quests despite conning threatening to the quest givers in Kithicor.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:40 AM
Orc

As a monk, you can feign behind npcs and then sneak to buy/sell from any vendor.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:51 AM
Aviak

The merchant at the top of the Aviak City in South Karana will deal with Iksars.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:10 AM
Aviak

The Thee Dark Elf merchants in the desert area of South Ro will buy and sell to Iksar, as will the lone Erudite in the NE corner.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:11 AM
Aviak

Seems I lost my edit button. If you're an Iksar Necro then Call of Bones will make you non-KOS in The OT Outpost and in Grobb. As long as the illusion doesn't kill you, you can bank and shop there.
Closed Thread