Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 06:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Tetley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
gonna nbg rbg when you're a cast? I think not. nbg does not exist on this server. deal with it.
actually minus Brell's Girdle or BCG the Rune Branded Girdle is one of the best belts for any type caster ( wis or int)

its combination of + mana and + hps is unmatched to most other belts
Old 01-16-2014, 06:11 PM
Banned

Better idea to discuss loot rules than think people can read your mind
Old 01-16-2014, 06:17 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I hear what you are saying OP but this proves something I have been thinking for a while now. Most of this server did not play back in the original days 99-02ish as much as they try to make you believe they did :-). Real old school players usually the older more mature crowd would have never let this happen, we always did NBG....always.
Old 01-16-2014, 06:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenshade32 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hear what you are saying OP but this proves something I have been thinking for a while now. Most of this server did not play back in the original days 99-02ish as much as they try to make you believe they did :-). Real old school players usually the older more mature crowd would have never let this happen, we always did NBG....always.
the real old school players remember playing when /random'ing wasn't even in the game ( in terms of having people other than your own client see the number you rolled)

Alpha loot and NBG was the only way bc you couldn't roll like you can now
Old 01-16-2014, 07:08 PM
Sarnak

i miss the more innocent times, times where lasting social bonds were made between elfs and half elfs alike. loot was plentiful but yet it was shared as according to the loot referundum of 43CE by sir drebus drebos drebis sunshear of kelethin
Old 01-16-2014, 07:54 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-17-2014, 12:18 AM
Sarnak

nbg is gm enforced on this server, always has been. Petition the group
Old 01-17-2014, 01:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenshade32 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People also made gnome warriors with starting points in Intelligence back then. When everyone was learning how the game worked, they did a lot of things that we wouldn't do today.

In the decade-plus since though we've learned a lot, like the fact that there's only one fair loot system for PUGs. As a result, most of us act differently from how we did back in '99.
Old 01-17-2014, 12:03 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nbg is gm enforced on this server, always has been. Petition the group
Not sure if this is a joke or just a misinformed post. Definitely not true.
Old 01-17-2014, 12:45 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadre Spinegnawer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been haunting sebilis for around a month or so now. lvl 55. Not too over the top, not calling attention to myself, the George Costanza of enchanters.

Went down to disco tonight and we had a good fight down. Some drama even. But then, Gruplinort spawned and we killed him, despite threats from another group he would be stolen.

So what to do with the Bonecaster's Robe?

Apparently, we random. Even though my current robe is an Advisor's Robe. And I am the only int caster in the group.

Well,you know what? Fuck you.

I won't list your names unless you want me to. But fuck you.

This is my main. I play one character. It was potential ec plat to you. It was my upgrade.

Oh! I'm whining!

No. I'm not whining. I especially call out the douche emzee or some rogue ffrom TMO, who dared to call me "bro" and say "we usually just random items in seb bro."

Fuck you.

And if you think I am angry, you are misreading my message. I seriously mean to everyone in my group tonight. Fuck you. That was wrong and you know it. We would not have taken that camp if I wasn't there.

sadre
Loot rules should always be established before attempting and camp and generally with expensive items, everyone rolls but leaving too quickly after you win roll is unaccepted. Most guild groups though will go nbg, if your guild doesn't, maybe you should think about why you are even in the guild if they don't act as a guild... just sayin.
Closed Thread