Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 08:06 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Has a subscription option ever been discussed?

Hi all,

My wife and I have just recently applied to have our IP Exempt as we would love to get back into the game that holds so many memories for us from 1999-2005. We actually met playing EQ in 2002 and have been married ever since.

I am quite aware that you guys do this for free and run on donations but I was wondering is there anyway that you would ever set up an optional subscription system for those that would like to pay a regular fee to help keep the server going? I mean we would easily pay a usual $15 or so monthly fee to help out, I know it isn't much but I am sure any little bit would help?

Please don't see this as me demanding a mandatory subscription its just an option for those of us that love the game and want to help keep it running on a regular basis.

Ideas or thoughts would be welcome [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-05-2013, 08:08 AM
Planar Protector

That would be illegal.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:15 AM
VIP / Contributor

theres a donate button on the homepage if u want to donate to help us pay the bills, but we do not charge for anything. P99 is and will always 100% free [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Old 09-05-2013, 09:50 AM
Aviak

Maybe I just have no faith, but this seems like an attempt to get an IP exemption looked at.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:33 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Borador its a shame people like you bring the forums down, responses like that belong in wow forums. I'm 40 years old if i want things done i ask for them directly, maybe thats not the way you work but I do. I was simply posing a question as I realise things aren't cheap and I dont expect things for free.

Totally uncalled for.
Last edited by ravenshade32; 09-05-2013 at 10:36 AM..
Old 09-05-2013, 11:17 AM
Orc

As Sirken said, if you wish to contribute to the project and keeping it alive, that is what the donation link is for. Unfortunately, if the staff were to set up a subscription or profit from the server, then it would definitely open a legal can of worms for them and the server. Donating is definitely the way to go.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:30 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenshade32 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Borador its a shame people like you bring the forums down, responses like that belong in wow forums. I'm 40 years old if i want things done i ask for them directly, maybe thats not the way you work but I do. I was simply posing a question as I realise things aren't cheap and I dont expect things for free.

Totally uncalled for.
People like me? Sorry if I offended you. I'm simply saying that in my short time here I have seen talk of made up stories for IP exemptions so you can two box. I found it odd that you would have a back story bringing up an exemption with your wife, meeting in eq, then stating you want to pay a subscription fee, which I think most know Sony would be upset about. Not to mention the apparent donate button/links which allow you to support p99. All in all it just seemed strange.
Old 09-05-2013, 12:21 PM
Planar Protector

I'll assume that everyone (including new players) know that there's no preferential treatment for donating, and that the OP just wants to contribute to something awesome which is Project 1999.

Excuse the trolls ravenshade, plenty on the forums... but they generally behave in game [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You can of course put in for an IP exemption, but the golden rule is if one of you is AFK to put the AFK tag up and leave the computer alone, don't touch the other character - all kinds of spies around that'll report you if they think you're boxing even to rebuff or anything like that.

Welcome to the server by the way, surprised nobody said that before now [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-05-2013, 12:46 PM
Kobold

I have to say Swish, best gif yet.
Old 09-05-2013, 12:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenshade32 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Totally uncalled for.
I'm not trying to get on your case either, but just be aware that being 40 years old or being direct have nothing to do with a person honesty or willingness to cheat the system. That's why you'll be met with a little bit of suspicion here or there....because even though you are new, this server has seen years of people trying to box.

I believe you, and I know you already had your question answered, but don't get too bent out of shape when a few people raise an eyebrow. We've seen it happen before.

Oh and welcome to the server!
Closed Thread