Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 10-02-2014, 08:08 PM
Skeleton

Oddly. Switching characters seems to help the issue for me. Try logging in my main with about 5 crashes. Made a new toon logged in fine. Then camped out and my main worked just fine.

I've only had it happen to me twice now in about a month and a half here on the server. But both times I had about 5 consecutive crashes. Tried a different toon just fine and it cleared it up.
Old 10-05-2014, 02:59 PM
Fire Giant

I dont know if this is helpful, but this seems to help the situation:

When I get this error message, I log in on a different server (red) and it doesn't crash the game. Then, I relog onto blue server and it doesnt crash.
Old 10-06-2014, 07:07 AM
Fire Giant

I receive one, if not multiple, of these every day or two. It happens when I switch characters on the same account. You can always tell it is going to happen because the character's logging will stop, then on the next zone or camp the client will crash.

it seems that the frequency of these client crashes has increased a lot, I don't remember them being this often a year ago.
Old 10-06-2014, 05:14 PM
Sarnak

Delete the eqclient.ini and then re-run the setup, where it lets you choose the gfx card and whether you want to use old/new models.

I found this helped when I experienced this 100% of the time on a second machine running windows 8.

Might help here.

KDM
Old 10-15-2014, 05:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by khandman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Delete the eqclient.ini and then re-run the setup, where it lets you choose the gfx card and whether you want to use old/new models.

I found this helped when I experienced this 100% of the time on a second machine running windows 8.

Might help here.

KDM
This does not work. I am still having the same problem and it can lock me out of the game for hours.
Old 10-15-2014, 08:53 PM
Aviak

I am currently looking at what is needed to run the EQ client efficiently as most of the information I have read so far is a bit off.

I run 64-bit win8 and get the same error.

As far as compatibility mode, the single big change I can find is setting the app to SingleProcAffinity.

I "think" WinXP compatibility mode does not have this set, but maybe Win98 does.

Currently testing various settings, want to get the HKLM to HKCU Redirect in to fix legacy directx issues.

Sure there are some other tweaks to make in regards compatibility.
Old 10-20-2014, 11:23 PM
Planar Protector

Yup, this has been happening to me for EVER and has caused some serious issues when a mob spawns and is contested. Virtually impossible to lead a raid when this garbage is happening.
Old 10-21-2014, 12:53 AM
Fire Giant

I used to get this all day long (either when logging in or zoning - it would be an insta-crash) but it seems to be mellowing out with my most recent round of changes. Here's my situation:

Win 7 SP1 (64-bit)
Intel Core i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz x2
8GB RAM
256GB SSD
WinEQ 2.15 Lite
8 toons on one account that I frequently flip between - sometimes a second account with my other dudes

1) Putting the Everquest folder in the root of my C drive instead of Program Files (x86)
2) Set the compatability mode of EQGAME.EXE to Windows 2000 or XP
3) **Most recent change** set WinEQ "Play Nice" option to NO (the EQ debug seems to complain about memory reference areas in the same location every time, but local memory tests/other applications never get this - my thoughts are maybe WinEQ is trying to manage the memory usage and just sucks the big one)

When I do get this problem, I tend to chain-crash if I open up Everquest and try to log in again (after the 1018 problem goes away - a colossal pain in the dick when a dragon pull is underway 8[ ).

What I find HELPS is if I open up 3 or 4 more copies of Everquest from WinEQ and then log in under that most recent instance, leaving the others up on the login/welcome screen. 90% of the time I get in no problem after that (yes, it does sometimes crash again which makes me want to flip tables) and then I close the others down once I'm in game.

Give that a go and see if it improves.
Last edited by Snackies; 10-21-2014 at 01:08 AM.. Reason: spelling fails
Old 10-21-2014, 03:25 AM
Planar Protector

I had this glitch when i initally installed windows 8.1 on my machine, but after completely redownloading and repatching eq it went away, can't say for sure what fixed it but i never have the issue anymore. I think it might have been related to the ui i was using cause that's really the only thing i changed other then reinstalling eq.
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 10-21-2014, 12:54 PM
Kobold

This happens every time I log off. No issues when switching characters tho, only when I camp for the night.
Last edited by Samoht Farstrider; 10-22-2014 at 04:00 AM..