Old 07-02-2015, 03:02 PM
Sarnak

Enchanters
Necros
Mages
Druids
Shamans
Rangers

All of these can successfully solo from 1-60 if they REALLLLY wanted to.
Old 07-02-2015, 03:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am NOT trying to bash chanters or shammys. Just saying...they do not have FD.

Again, Necros are the GODs of soloing.
Well, any situation that you can get out of with FD you can get out of with the WC cap. If you are bound outside the dungeon, you recharge with your mule in WC and gate back.

Necros are superb at soloing for XP, but all of the best items in the game are on L51+ NPCs, and the Necro toolkit is too lacking defensively (no slow, no tash/malo, no AE mez, no AE stun, no long duration-mez, no torpor). I think Necros are a quite underrated on this server because their sweet spot at 60 is kind of small: they aren't great solo, they aren't great in full groups, but they are fantastic in small groups.

Druids are simply The Worst Class In Kunark And Its Not Close. But Velious gives them some hope for sure: POTG is +6 mana/tick, ATK debuffs are awesome, and there are more animals to charm (Sirens, Kael).

Edit: Also, the guy who said shamans are constantly casting was spot on. Shamans actually need more key presses than bards.
Last edited by Raev; 07-02-2015 at 03:11 PM..
Old 07-02-2015, 06:03 PM
Kobold

What's wrong with druids? i've seen many of them soloing and they seemed to do well but I've never played one.
Old 07-02-2015, 06:13 PM
Kobold

I miss my druid. I used to quad kite seafuries while LFG or waiting for raids and such. Was decent money AND fun.
Old 07-02-2015, 09:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystang89 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's wrong with druids? i've seen many of them soloing and they seemed to do well but I've never played one.
Their toolkit is better at lower to mid levels. As they get closer to high level there are other classes that do what they do, better. Main problem, really. And quad kiting seafury Cyclops is nice but not possible anymore. Island is locked down by pet classes.
Old 07-03-2015, 11:09 AM
Sarnak

I think druid has got to be the best starter class and the best lower level soloing option. I regret not soloing more as I have been leveling up. I found in my 30s that I preferred grouping and did that to level 49. It was tedious and mind numbing to find groups (and good groups). I took a brief break to make a bard and thought... I really should give this quadding thing a try. I went from 49 to 52 in a two day period quadding (albeit to my wife's dismay for many hours) at the spirocs in timorous deep. I also like the option that when I am bored and don't want to solo or group or do anything really I can make a lot of platinum just porting various people around. I don't see any class that has that option (outside of wizards, which I would never want to play anyways).
Old 07-04-2015, 09:33 AM
Kobold

Agreed Caridry. I just quit my 50 druid and made a Necro. Trying to find a spot to solo got really old. No chance getting into a group, which I would prefer.
Old 07-04-2015, 09:52 AM
Orc

Default druid vs necro

I played a Druid on live till luclin and had a low level necro. On P99 I started a druid out of nostalgia and the fact I love the class and all of its lore. I got to level 19, got my first few ports and started trying to do some charming.

I now have a 22 iksr necro, and still a 19 druid. Soloing is going SO MUCH FASTER on necro, and easier. The rare occasion my pet dies I feel like I am playing my druid, except stronger.

Never played a mage or shaman.
Old 07-08-2015, 10:42 AM
Sarnak

Not one of the greatest classes. But I heard shadow knights are also possible. Well at least until 54ish, and even then it will be extremely slow and torturous. Not to mention you will need to be well geared.

Wizards are also doable, but they really shine when they can start quad kiting in mid levels.
Old 07-08-2015, 11:38 AM
Fire Giant

shaman is less effective as a 1st character you intend to solo than either necro or chanter by a wide mile. And if you are going to play Sham as first class I personally (read personally) would suggest troll or iksar since the innate regen will makeup for your lack of gear and you can focus on saving for jbb and spells after you get a few cheap HP items and a cheap good ratio wep
Closed Thread