Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 07:31 PM
Aviak

With different buddies and such, we often play at work, and have applied for a few IP exemptions of the past couple years. I've had many approved the same day, and never had one go past a few days. I guess I've been extremely lucky compared to the population of people who typically post about their IP exemptions.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:08 PM
Planar Protector

It used to take 3 months a year ago.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:27 PM
Sarnak

Naena and I waited about three weeks I think for ours.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:54 PM
Planar Protector

buddy of mine petitioned for ip exemption, included a list of his char, our friends char, and mine. was done in like a half hour. then we played in crushbone and killed a bottle of whisky while watching movies on netflix. that was a good night
Old 09-05-2013, 09:06 PM
Planar Protector

Welcome
Old 09-05-2013, 09:52 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Ouch a month or so? I mean i'm not going to argue over the servers rules but boxing can be monitored without needing exemptions for everyone. I'm one of the first people to dob boxers in (can't stand them), we left GW2 recently because of the bot and boxer problems and are playing FFXIV atm.

The problem we are finding as time goes on is all the hand holding mmo's give you, maps, telling you where quest mobs are, dungeon finders (where people hardly say a word then just leave) and everyones in such a hurry to level! I did the run on my troll the other day from Innothule to Neriak where the wife will be starting her DE and I had more conversations and noob help in that short run than I have had for the past 5 or so years in alot of mmos, which is a sad state of affairs. But it does remind me of the old EQ community that we missed from all those years back on VZ.

Hopefully the exemp doesnt take that long but in the meantime we keep ourselves busy with ff and rift [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-06-2013, 12:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtnap [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They only do the exemptions in batches when they have enough people to deem it worth their time.
Evidence for this approach? Batches yes, but the second half of that sentence was all supposition.

Did you sell all those level 1 "premium" names you're holding onto yet?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Swish; 09-06-2013 at 12:17 PM..
Old 09-06-2013, 12:14 PM
Kobold

Mine took about 3 weeks. It's all luck of the draw since they do them in batches.

I got around it temporarily by tethering my phone on my machine while my brother used the regular internet connection. Hopefully that doesn't get me banned for saying it :P
Closed Thread