Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 01:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreldorEQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As many have stated before, play the race you can stand to look at if you plan on sticking around long term.
This is the most truthful comment. ^^^

*Unless!!!!! You are an OCD min/max type player that can't stand the thought of having less stats due to being a "weaker" race. If stats are the most important thing to you, then you need to just create a toon based on the race that is touted as the min/max race.

**Determine the type of player you are, and create the character based on that determination.
Old 09-15-2017, 08:07 PM
Planar Protector

Mine is a half elf, #noregrets
Old 09-15-2017, 08:11 PM
Fire Giant

Halfling Sneak has let me use vendors I would normally not be able to use, turn in quest items as Indiff, and carefully navigate around Undead creatures I might not have Invis vs Undead to use against. If you can stand looking like a Halfling, it's a very powerful ability when you have ample time to click the button to get a success on its use.
Old 09-15-2017, 08:28 PM
Planar Protector

Druids port and have vendors at the rings they port to, so sneak vendoring isn't that big a deal, also can just port to Misty to bank. Wood Elves have racial hide, so they can turn in quest items as indifferent too. Clicky root necklace rules. Anyone who says it's overrated hasn't used it to its potential. Wood Elf is the answer.
Old 09-15-2017, 11:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is the most truthful comment. ^^^

*Unless!!!!! You are an OCD min/max type player that can't stand the thought of having less stats due to being a "weaker" race. If stats are the most important thing to you, then you need to just create a toon based on the race that is touted as the min/max race.

**Determine the type of player you are, and create the character based on that determination.
i think the "OCD min/maxer" knows fully that they will have all stats they need capped at some point in the near future. the only thing they will never get is hide/sneak and following tunare if they didn't pick that at selection. so "OCD min/maxer" will probably pick halfling, less probably wood elf.

but i think the topic has the answer in the addition of all the contributions: on one side people defend Sneak, on another people defend 4sec free root clicky, and on the last side people say go with the aesthetics.

Then as you said, know what kind of player you are and pick accordingly. But please remember that nobody nowhere ever talked about starting stats [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-18-2017, 10:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
turn in quest items as Indiff
This alone is why Halfling is the most powerful race in the game.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 09-18-2017, 12:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagoya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But please remember that nobody nowhere ever talked about starting stats [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not all "min/max" players raid or have access to BIS gears or even decent droppable gears. So choosing a race based on starting stats can influence this type of player.
Old 09-18-2017, 01:23 PM
Fire Giant

Nah -- that was my point exactly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I am "this type of player" and I still think that stats are very overrated. Enough STR to carry your gear plus some, 75 AGI/DEX, then highish WIS and you'll be super fine, then HP, AC and Resists on equipment will help you more, and clickies and stuff like this. But yeah no, my point was not that end game raiding will take care of stats, but that stats should really not determine what race you pick.

Warrior gnome vs ogre ok it's debatable, but the four druid races have very similar stats.

Even if you're not a raid guy willing to sink 40 hours a week in p99 I think you should pick your druid race based on look > sneak vs no sneak > tunare elf cultural.
Old 09-18-2017, 01:47 PM
Aviak

Just go with Tunare Wood Elf. Clicky Root and Earthcraft Gloves are where its at.
Old 09-18-2017, 02:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErlickBachman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just go with Tunare Wood Elf. Clicky Root and Earthcraft Gloves are where its at.
...Also wood elves have nice starting stats.

But! Halflings get hide/sneak and are cute.

....Hold on; humans get dragonhelms AND can be Tunare worshippers!!!!

Wait! Half elves are not very commonly played, and wear bell bottoms AND can worship Tunare!!!!!!!

Shoot.... It's tough when you are indecisive and want every racial treat all in one race.
Closed Thread