Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2015, 08:04 AM
Fire Giant

Default How to alt+tab without lev floating down?

On long journeys I like to browse the forum, wiki, whatever --

I noticed that if I alt+tab out, levitate rapidly falls ..

Any cure for this?
Old 10-25-2015, 11:03 AM
Kobold

well, you just use everquest? We need moar information, I use wineq, and then I turn off eqplaynice in both foreground / background. (some feature in wineq that sets ur framerate)
Old 10-25-2015, 11:20 AM
Banned

use wineq, set background FPS to 100
Old 10-25-2015, 05:07 PM
Fire Giant

With WinEQ like mentioned above, you can easily use it to manipulate your background and foreground FPS limit. This allows you to do the levi trick(hardly a trick really, non wineq window does it just the same) as well as keep you from falling out of the sky why tabbed out. By default EQ window is set to drop your in-game FPS to like 20 or 30 tops so your resources swap to whatever you tabbed to. Nowadays it doesn't really matter though you can have multiple EQs open with 100fps cap in background.

If you use WinEQ, do what Colgate said. If you don't use WinEQ, go download it and install it and use it.
Old 10-25-2015, 08:15 PM
Banned

Hey OP.

PM a guy called Lite on the forums he knows all about alt tabbing eq windows.
Old 10-26-2015, 12:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colgate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
use wineq, set background FPS to 100
i wish people were more open about these kind of tricks

lite showed me how to do it in CoM but never mentioned wineq

i don't like the trick, but if it has to be around its more fair to be public knowledge then not

guess i should find out how this works with falling damage next time I'm bored [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by derpcake; 10-26-2015 at 12:08 PM..
Old 10-26-2015, 12:12 PM
Fire Giant

It has been public knowledge for a loooong time, its FPS related. It just so happens WinEQ has a built in EQPlayNice which allows you to control the foreground/background FPS of EQ specifically instead of using a entirely different program for video cards or gaming or what not.

Most people should have realized or known even since EQ live that FPS was directly linked to your characters levi height and more, just like it was fall damage(back on live if you locked up for 2-3 seconds you could fall and take 32k hp damage just walking over some stairs).

The trick with CoM, KC and a few other places is more so also to do with the actual zones height cap. Certain places allow you to levitate higher then normal spots. When you go illusion form, your character gets a small levi boost just as if you were alt tabbing out, So for instance if you had an AoN, you could walk into KC VS area, and spam levi up from the inner circle area onto one of the ledges or spam it from the entrance of bridge up ontop the mini ledge as with CoM to get on roof tops.

Lite may not have even used WinEQ to do it who knows, he could've just been using basic EQ.
Old 10-26-2015, 04:22 PM
Aviak

You can also levi-up in most zones by strategically clicking in and out of the EQ window. The timing is key and you don't need WinEQ to do it.
Old 10-26-2015, 05:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by syztem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It has been public knowledge for a loooong time, its FPS related. It just so happens WinEQ has a built in EQPlayNice which allows you to control the foreground/background FPS of EQ specifically instead of using a entirely different program for video cards or gaming or what not.

Most people should have realized or known even since EQ live that FPS was directly linked to your characters levi height and more, just like it was fall damage(back on live if you locked up for 2-3 seconds you could fall and take 32k hp damage just walking over some stairs).

The trick with CoM, KC and a few other places is more so also to do with the actual zones height cap. Certain places allow you to levitate higher then normal spots. When you go illusion form, your character gets a small levi boost just as if you were alt tabbing out, So for instance if you had an AoN, you could walk into KC VS area, and spam levi up from the inner circle area onto one of the ledges or spam it from the entrance of bridge up ontop the mini ledge as with CoM to get on roof tops.

Lite may not have even used WinEQ to do it who knows, he could've just been using basic EQ.
any chance you can explain the background "cpu limit" option on wineq, it seems to have made my eq run smoother on a quadcore when i set it to 30 ?

Thanks
Closed Thread