Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 10-17-2014, 12:10 PM
Developer

It is very easy to adjust the hitbox size. So not suprised LoZ has it fixed. Having devs with more pvp knowledge helps. Just so many things to work on. Will toss something together.

H
Old 10-17-2014, 12:20 PM
Banned

Thanks bub. Wasn't trying to say anything other than among all the other whacky stuff on that server it actually has that right and should serve as a good model for comparison =). I am really glad to hear it could be something quick and getting this + pvp resist potentially in the same upcoming patch would be amazing.
Old 10-17-2014, 01:08 PM
Banned

i'd say cut it down by like a third and we'll go from there

backstab range is even longer here to the point where you could fit like 3 human character models between the rogue and the person they're backstabbing
Old 10-18-2014, 04:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How much too big is the hit box? 2 times? 1.5 times. Give me a mark to trim it down. Or actual distances if you know.
If anyone has 2 accounts on Live, a quick duel to determine the max range by using /loc and measuring the distance, then accounting for this GoD-era change:
Quote:
AUGUST 11, 2004

PvP Changes.

* Melee attacks have a 50% increased range. This does not affect thrown weapons or archery.

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20040811.html
would likely reveal what the classic melee range was and whether the stock emu range of 16 units (for targets of size 8 or less) is correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
PvE I believe is fine though.
There's no range difference between PvE and PvP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colgate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
backstab range is even longer here
Backstab has the same max range as melee.
Old 10-19-2014, 12:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technique [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If anyone has 2 accounts on Live, a quick duel to determine the max range by using /loc and measuring the distance, then accounting for this GoD-era change:
would likely reveal what the classic melee range was and whether the stock emu range of 16 units (for targets of size 8 or less) is correct.

There's no range difference between PvE and PvP.
Backstab has the same max range as melee.
Does this apply to all special attacks? I could a swore kick had longer range than auto attack.
Old 10-19-2014, 12:14 AM
Banned

ya i'm p sure we tested this a long while back and you could backstab people from further away than you could auto attack

also it seems much easier to land an attack on a player than it is an NPC, don't think they have the same range
Old 10-19-2014, 12:44 AM
Sarnak

i have a EQlive account if anyone wants to help me fix this? melee pvp box is a BIG issue and if Haynar can easily fix it as he says it would be an awesome help. Can also log in low lvl rogues and test backstab.

will post the video here if i can get someone to help.
Old 10-19-2014, 08:59 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Drettj [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does this apply to all special attacks? I could a swore kick had longer range than auto attack.
Bash/slam, kick, backstab and monk special attacks all have the same range as autoattack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colgate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
also it seems much easier to land an attack on a player than it is an NPC, don't think they have the same range
If the perceived difference is only when the target is moving then it's netcode-related, because the range is the same (assuming the target mob and the target player are equivalent size).
Old 10-19-2014, 09:49 PM
Developer

Looking at range for melee. Cutting it down by 1/2. Taking it down by 2/3 was just so small it was rediculous when I was testing.

What about backstab? Should you be facing your target? Melee does not have this restriction, but what about backstab? Seems dumb to land a backstab, facing away from your target in pvp.

H
Old 10-19-2014, 10:29 PM
Banned

pretty sure it's classic to be able to backstab someone even though you're facing away from them

if that GoD era change is the only time they increased melee attack range, then cutting it down by 33% should yield the same range as it was in classic, but we'll see what it's like with the 50% reduction