Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 08-23-2018, 01:27 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Question Help with iMac High Sierra install

Hey all, I recently downloaded and installed p99 on my MacBook Air running High Sierra 10.13.6 and am running it with Wineskin Winery. But when I copied that same install to my iMac High Sierra 10.13.6 the app won't load. After double click I can see the Project 99 name appear in the top left corner over apple logo, but after a few seconds it crashes and doesn't load.

Fixes Ive tried are, updating wineskin and wine tools, unchecking the Auto Detect GPU box in the Display settings. Also When I try to use wine tools to set the display GPU to 2000mb the process runs but says I can't modify this unit with my current build and doesn't save it. I also installed quartz as well with no avail.

Also When I try a fresh install of Titanium and wineskin, after I click the disc 1 setup.exe wineskin gives an error saying no setup executables found and doesn't install the game.

So im kinda stuck if anyone could shed some light. I haven't tried the bootcamp route but thats a last resort in my head.

thanks.
Old 08-23-2018, 01:36 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

error message when attempting the wine tools fix:

warning: taskset/cpuset not available on your platform!
Using winetricks 20180815-next - sha256sum: dabee915ac8555f6ff33605f56be3c66a0abb7210f47bc14d7 dca2fa92af752e with wine-2.22 and WINEARCH=win32
Executing w_do_call videomemorysize=2048
Executing load_videomemorysize 2048
Setting video memory size to 2048
Executing wine regedit C:\windows\Temp\_videomemorysize=2048\set-video.reg

Winetricks Commands Finished!!

error message when attempting to fresh install using setup.exe on disc 1:

OOPS!
No new executables found!

Maybe the installer failed...?

If you tried to install somewhere other than C: drive (drive_c in the wrapper) then you will get this message too. All software must be installed in C: drive.
Last edited by Binkster; 08-23-2018 at 01:39 PM..
Old 08-23-2018, 11:16 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Got it working by downloading XQuartz then going into the wineskin app inside my P99 wrapper then going to Advanced > Options > then at bottom I checked on -Force use of system installed XQuartz instead of using built in wineskin X11.

strange but good!