Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2018, 01:50 PM
Aviak

Wisdom till 200 then stamina.
Old 07-16-2018, 12:51 PM
Banned

Thank you guys for coming to my defense against the Loramin's allegation that I don't know what I'm talking about because "girl" is in my avatars name.

Wisdom is very important. It should be everyone's primary stat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Stamina is also nice too, obviously! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-16-2018, 12:52 PM
Banned

Anyway, if Stamina was the most important stat, everyone would want a troll with max STA for their sham, which is obviously not the best choice. Because HP regen > 20 points of STA when root rotting and canni-i-ing. (which is not the only way to play a sham, obviously) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-16-2018, 12:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoTriz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd play a Troll Shaman but they look like they have a full diaper.

I can't take myself seriously if I have a dirty diaper
Bearform! Win.
Old 07-16-2018, 01:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevergirl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thank you guys for coming to my defense against the Loramin's allegation that I don't know what I'm talking about because "girl" is in my avatars name.
WTF? "Stamina > Wisdom" has been the standard since 2001, way back when I read The Shaman's Crucible as religiously as I now read this forum. All I did was repeat it, which I would do to any shaman of any gender: there was absolutely no "mansplaining" or anything else to do with your chromosomes involved!

I think someone has a persecution complex ...

Also:

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevergirl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because HP regen > 20 points of STA when root rotting and canni-i-ing. (which is not the only way to play a sham, obviously) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IMHO even just 1 point of regen > 20 points of stamina. As I keep repeating, maximums don't do anything except save your bacon when things go south (and if you play well you'll either avoid those situations or get out of them without needing the extra buffer of higher maximums). Regen on the other hand reduces downtime, at least when soloing: that translates into faster leveling.

I tend to think it helps more than higher maximums in groups too, as even 1 HP regen eventually leads to another spell you can cast to help your group.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 07-16-2018 at 02:04 PM..
Old 07-16-2018, 02:20 PM
Banned

I wind up sitting around AFK a lot anyway. So even that is not a big deal in the end. I agree with both perspectives. I think it comes down to what you prefer for your playstyle.

I prefer to just have more mana most of the time, that way, if I never fill up on mana, I'm always netting a gain as much as possible. But, that almost never, ever happens anyway. So... given 500mana or 500hp... I think definitely, in group scenarios (which is my playstyle) 500 mana buffer wins. It makes that big splitting pull not a big deal sometimes, it's a few extra roots, or a re-slow on that final mob. And I think that's what EQ is about. Getting a rythm and a bit of strategy.

Of course +80hp rings before level 20 are like, amazing tho [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by clevergirl; 07-16-2018 at 02:23 PM..
Old 07-16-2018, 03:33 PM
Banned

During fights I run AC gear & my fungi.

If I have time to med before a challenging fight, I use specific gear that will push my wisdom above 200 and maximize my +mana.
Old 07-16-2018, 10:25 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoTriz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd play a Troll Shaman but they look like they have a full diaper.

I can't take myself seriously if I have a dirty diaper
ROFLMAO!

Timmel - Level 22 Dwarven Pally Extraordinaire!

Matrem - Level 12 Wood Elf Ranger and Ultimate Tracker

Joradim - Level 15 Barbarian Shaman (A Legend in his own Mind)

Iseldur - Level 26 Wood Elf Druid and Future Port Master

Agnosis The Great!!!! (Noob)Iskar Necromancer to the Dark Gods

None are currently higher than level 7 as I just starting playing EQ lol
Old 07-17-2018, 09:15 AM
Banned

You know there is a perk to having a very high HP pool and that it's you get the most out of your Torpors.

When you have a significantly lower HP pool then torpor often hits you at 100%.

With a higher pool you can get lower hp, more safely, and get more efficiency out of your torpors.
Old 07-17-2018, 03:19 PM
Fire Giant

I think that when you're a level 60 shaman with Torpor you shouldn't care about this 'issue'
Closed Thread