Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2018, 01:06 AM
Kobold

Default Monk AC gear question

So just a small example to ask about a general principle. I use a tarshagins mask ( or whatever it’s called) it’s 12AC no stats. Was curious if I would be better served using crystal spider eyes in that spot? It’s essentially trading 4AC for 35hp. I know if I’m not taking direct melee hits the eyes would be better, but if Taking hits would I want the 4AC o the 35 hp
Old 01-19-2018, 01:31 AM
Aviak

hp scales so well. more hp on bind wound / mend. id go for the crystal eyes if it doesnt break ur budget. but i dont think it youll see a noticable difference. u can probably use targishin mask till u get eyepatch of plunder.
Old 01-19-2018, 02:05 PM
Planar Protector

Go with whichever is cheaper (or in the case of monk class relative weight vs cost of item) and save your brain cells for more straightforward problems. 4ac vs 35hp never made or broke anything.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 01-19-2018, 02:57 PM
Planar Protector

Before hitting mid 50's, your best damage mitigation is going to be just killing things faster with better STR / ATK.
Old 01-19-2018, 04:33 PM
Fire Giant

Well, signature says Grandmaster, so I'm guessing he's mostly concerned about taking some hits, pulling, off tanking here and there, solo/group content at 60. With that in mind I'd learn spider eyes. Adding 35 HP at the cost of 4 AC seems like a good deal for me. I think it's important to look at your char as a whole.

Djarns Ring to Velium Fire Ring is +6 AC and -15 HP.

Ice Burrower Skin from White Lotus Chest Wraps (SS Quest) is +6 AC, -9 HP (counting stam and raw HP, and assuming not at stamina cap). That change has a lot of other stat differences and a right click effect but just using it as an example.

I love 0 weight on both, 8 ac is 2/3rds of of Targ's, and although "35 HP doesn't make or break anyone" it all adds up. You can put that together a non-raid gear set focused on HP/Sta/Resists/AC and easily be pushing up to 2600/2700+ hp unbuffed - which makes a huge difference pulling. If you're really low on HP or AC b/c of some of your other items then maybe prioritize AC over HP or vice versa where you can. Again you want to build out a well rounded char - with solid HP, Resist, and AC. On this debate though I'm going Crystal Spider eyes.

Some other comparable items are:
Eyepatch of the Shadows - decent but a little more expensive.
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM
Slot: FACE
AC: 4
DEX: +6 STA: +9
SV COLD: +4 SV MAGIC: +4
Effect: Ultravision (Worn, Casting Time: Instant)
WT: 0.1 Size: TINY
Class: ALL
Race: ALL

Eyepatch of Plunder - Quest item awesome stats, free, downside that it's not an easy camp. In my opinion this is pre-raid best in slot.
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO DROP
Slot: FACE
AC: 10
STR: +10 DEX: +10 HP: +50
SV FIRE: +6 SV DISEASE: +6 SV COLD: +6 SV MAGIC: +6 SV POISON: +6
Effect: Captain Nalots Quickening (Must Equip, Casting Time: 3.5)
WT: 0.5 Size: SMALL
Class: ALL
Race: ALL

I'd shoot for Eyepatch of Plunder when you get the chance, I know it's not easy but it's not so unobtainable to never give it a shot. Best of luck to you!
Old 01-22-2018, 05:04 PM
Kobold

Thank you for the replies. Maybe I will upgrade my azure sleeves finally too based off this info. But I’m poor so who knows?
Old 01-23-2018, 12:46 AM
Banned

If you search out there you'll find various conversations and analysis where people have figured out how much of each stat equals 1 ac. I believe for a monk 5 hps roughly equates to 1 ac.
Old 01-24-2018, 08:36 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you search out there you'll find various conversations and analysis where people have figured out how much of each stat equals 1 ac. I believe for a monk 5 hps roughly equates to 1 ac.
Interesting. Thank you!
Old 01-25-2018, 01:31 AM
Planar Protector

AC is borked on p99. When leveling up and tanking or soloing a lot stack HPs. More health means you live longer which means you will do more damage over time.

Crystal spider eyes are great, but a cheaper alternative which is half the price is Enshrouded Veil which gives 30hps 10FR and very light weight. Goes for 750pp.

Get 55hp rings, and if you can grab netted kelp lined shoes and other pieces. These are nice, they got tons of STA and STR with fire resistances as a bonus.

I remember in MM some monk was pulling CE and every pull when he had multiple mobs on him he'd lose 50% of his hps or more, it was so stressful trying to keep him up. I eventually got a chance to inspect him and he had zero hp items on. By level 30-35, anyone that plans to pull or tank should at least have hp rings. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden View Post
Wow, someone actually got it right. Lhancelot gets a gold star. They are 100% set by players even though we will enforce the way Lhancelot stated above.
Closed Thread